Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Double Points Promotion Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2020, 3:34 pm
BCC
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Gold

For this promotion, does anybody know if all the points will count towards keeping my Gold card? I have 2 years left for lifetime gold and I only have 2 trips to book for 2021. Both are in the promotion period. If all the points count towards my 45K to keep gold, I will retain my level for 2020-21. I have emailed the Gold desk twice but have not heard anything back yet. I know things are pretty crazy and SAS right now and this really isn't an important given their financial situation but I am curious. Any answers are appreciated
Old Oct 17, 2020, 4:15 pm

https://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/...double-points/

Right now you earn twice as many EuroBonus points (you regular Basic points + the equal amount of Extra points) when you book your trip with SAS.
Since it says that the extra points awarded from the promotion are "Extra points" I'd say that they don't count toward your status. So if the flight normally gives you 125 points, it seems that you get 250 points to spend on award flights and 125 points counting toward status.
BCC likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by BCC
For this promotion, does anybody know if all the points will count towards keeping my Gold card?
The anwer is No. I did a SAS return trip 10 days ago and the promotion points appeared as Extra points and not as status points (promo points awarded approx a week later)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.