Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Booking on Star alliance using Eurobonus points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG

Currently its not possible to book using bonus points according to the web site otherwise I would check myself but has anybody booked star alliance flights using their eurobonus points.

I'd like to try a Turkish to Istanbul and back from Moscow...

If you have done such a thing, could you do it on the web page and how many points did it cost you (eurobonus points).

Could you book the ticket in another persons name or can you only book yourself?

Once all this crono crap is over I wanna have fun again.

Cheers,
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by nussle
Currently its not possible to book using bonus points according to the web site otherwise I would check myself but has anybody booked star alliance flights using their eurobonus points.

I'd like to try a Turkish to Istanbul and back from Moscow...

If you have done such a thing, could you do it on the web page and how many points did it cost you (eurobonus points).

Could you book the ticket in another persons name or can you only book yourself?
I'm pretty sure the award bookings has been suspended for almost all airlines at the moment. This is to free up capacity for handling all the disruptions. When US announced the travel ban, SK and other airlines stated that due to the HUGE amount of flight cancellation it would take a couple of days before all canceled flights is correctly updated in all systems.
Also SK has a new payment systems which is supposed to go live March 25 as far as I remember. There are some interfaces with the EB system, so this might be another reason why you can't book award flights at the moment.

There are fixed prices for both the EB award flights and the *A award flights. The prices can be seen in the EB menu on the SK web page. You can book award flights both for yourself and someone else if he/she is traveling with you.

Edit: Missed one of your questions. *A award flights are dependent on availability from the individual the *A airlines. SK do not have any influence on the *A award flights TK makes available for the other *A airlines. If I want a *A award ticket for a specific flight, the SK tool isn't the best to use for the search. I normally write to the EBD customer service mail address and ask them to look for availability and book it for me. This way I got a nice trip to Australia a couple of year ago. It was on F with multiple airlines and aircraft types, so I really got to try different services and aircraft's.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Mar 15, 2020 at 4:29 am
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG
I guessed that its was stopped because of the crono mess, I can even understand it.....they are juggling balls to a constantly changing music, I can forgive this.

There is nothing on the web for any points booking, it just says its temporary down. Again, I understand it.

I am not EBD, just EBG so there is a charge to do what you suggest, but perhaps if I dont find a better solution.

Cheers,
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:52 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by nussle
I guessed that its was stopped because of the crono mess, I can even understand it.....they are juggling balls to a constantly changing music, I can forgive this.

There is nothing on the web for any points booking, it just says its temporary down. Again, I understand it.
The price table is where it always been. https://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/point-tables/. I found it through flysas.com -> SAS Eurobonus -> Point chart

The normal customer service can help you too. They are just slower, but right now they will refuse to help you with future award bookings, just as the EBD customer service will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.