Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Now you can get vouchers instead of rebooking.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: More than one

Below is a cut from https://www.sas.dk/traffic-information/message/

SAS understands that it is difficult to set a new travel date, and is therefore inviting all customers who have their flight planned to depart by 31MAR20 to either rebook to a later date, 30 November 2020, or to get a voucher to use for payment for a new trip with last travel date 30 November 2020.

If you have booked your flight directly with SAS, Please call SAS customer support to receive your voucher or apply online.

The conditions to get the voucher are:
  • The outbound flight is planned to depart between 13MAR20 and 31MAR20
  • Valid for all areas (EU, Instrascand, Domestic, US, Japan)
  • New travel date: the voucher has to be used for a trip planned to depart by 30NOV20 (outbound needs to occur before this date, the return can be at a later point)
  • The voucher is non refundable
  • You cannot get the voucher if you have already rebooked your original flight
  • Valid for groups
  • Valid for tickets booked by a travel agent (please contact your Travel agent directly in that case)
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Wonder if they are hoping people will take vouchers, while SAS anticipates future cancellation and hence avoiding refund?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tgj1974
Wonder if they are hoping people will take vouchers, while SAS anticipates future cancellation and hence avoiding refund?
I don't think so. Many have asked for vouches because it's pretty hard at the moment to pick a new travel date, and you only have 1 free rebooking per ticket.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This is a very welcomed move. I already rebooked one pair of flights, I regret I have not waited through. I will gladly take vouchers. Of course the risk is that SAS does not exist anymore to honor them in fall, but this is a risk I am willing to pay, for flexibility of not deciding when to fly now, and for the clear conscience of not extracting cash out of SK, when they really need it.
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK2751
This is a very welcomed move. I already rebooked one pair of flights, I regret I have not waited through. I will gladly take vouchers. Of course the risk is that SAS does not exist anymore to honor them in fall, but this is a risk I am willing to pay, for flexibility of not deciding when to fly now, and for the clear conscience of not extracting cash out of SK, when they really need it.
If you have none refundable tickets, you will most likely have the same risk if SK goes under as with vouchers. If SK goes under and you bought your ticket using a credit card, you might still be able to get the money back from the credit card company even if you converted the ticket to a voucher.

There is of course a risk of SK folding if this panic continues, but I would be much more concerned if I had tickets on DY. 1/3 of all their long haul birds has been grounded since summer last year and at least 1 new 787-9 delivered last year went straight to storage and have not done a revenue flight yet.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I was going to cancel online yesterday, but felt insecure if I could not see any voucher option.

Today it reads slightly differently, no mentioning that you are able to apply online. And they clarified that it only applies to completely unused tickets. Also they might handle now TA bookings directly.
Please call SAS customer support to receive your voucher.

The conditions to get the voucher are:
  • The outbound flight for original booking is planned to depart between 13MAR20 and 31MAR20
  • Valid for all areas (EU, Intrascand, Domestic, US, Japan)
  • New travel date: the voucher has to be used for a trip planned to depart by 30NOV20 (outbound needs to occur before this date, the return can be at a later point)
  • Valid only for totally unused tickets
  • The voucher is non refundable
  • The voucher may not be exchanged to cash
  • You cannot get the voucher if you have already rebooked your original flight
  • Valid for groups
  • Valid for tickets booked by SAS or a Travel agent
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I called yesterday and it took me 29 min to get an agent (as EBD). The talk with the agent took less than 30 sec and my flight vanished immediately from the app.

I got no email that I cancelled or about a voucher at that point but at night I received
Dear Traveler,

Your request for cancelling booking XXXXXX has been submitted.

We are processing your voucher and it will be sent to this email address.

The voucher is eligible for booking on SAS website and the travel has to be completed by November 30, 2020.

Reference: XXXXXX-Covid19-202003XX

Best regards

SAS
Note: CS was open 2 hours longer as usual.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:13 am
Original Poster

It's now possible to request the vouchers online. Just go to manage bookings and the option is there as the first option when you open the booking you want to manage.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Does anyone know how long it takes for the voucher to come through? I cancelled online last night and still no email.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
Does anyone know how long it takes for the voucher to come through? I cancelled online last night and still no email.
You should be notified within 24 hours that the voucher is on it's way, but if you didn't request a voucher, you are not getting one.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
US caller/traveler.
As impossible to get to a customer service representative within 3 hrs.
I have upcoming flight EWR-OSL-xxx. All EWR-OSL are suspended.
When I click on My Bookings it shows the option to Cancel & Refund To Voucher but I need to just request refund on the website due to the Cancellation and no desire to rebook at this time form but when I click the link it takes me to non-English website. I don't know if anyone has link for English website or I should keep calling in?(Published 12MAR20)

If your flight is cancelled you are always entitled to refund of your ticket. To apply for a refund please use the refund form on our website.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RooseveltL
US caller/traveler.
As impossible to get to a customer service representative within 3 hrs.
I have upcoming flight EWR-OSL-xxx. All EWR-OSL are suspended.
When I click on My Bookings it shows the option to Cancel & Refund To Voucher but I need to just request refund on the website due to the Cancellation and no desire to rebook at this time form but when I click the link it takes me to non-English website. I don't know if anyone has link for English website or I should keep calling in?(Published 12MAR20)

If your flight is cancelled you are always entitled to refund of your ticket. To apply for a refund please use the refund form on our website.
It doesn't look like there is an English version at the moment. Just copy the text from the Swedish site to google translate, then you should be able to use the SE site for your online refund.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I like the voucher concept a lot. Does anyone know if I'm eligible for vouchers if I book today for a flight before the 30th of March?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Showing English link page response again.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:51 pm

I have the option to receive several vouchers but I'm confused. Is this voucher only good for the amount paid or is it a voucher to fly anywhere? I ask because I spent about $2,000 on these 4 tickets, but to go to the same location in August or even multiple other destinations that I looked at would be around an additional $4,000 out of pocket.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.