Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Does SAS award seat return to inventory after cancellation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

I have two one-way award tickets booked separately at 36k each (72k total). I'd like to cancel and re-book these as 1 roundtrip for 60k. If I cancel, will it return to inventory allowing me to rebook? If not online, can it be done over the phone?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:34 pm

Usually that inventory will not be returned. It might be released some days later, depending on revenue management.

I would not count on it. Best option is to call in, and ask customer services if it is possible to rebook the two one ways into a return.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
A common misapprehension. In fact, that inventory might not be released at all if the flight is now full.

Only way to do this would be to call in and ask to purchase the new seats and then have your existing tickets cancelled. In theory, you can't hold two seats on the same flight, but that is doable by a live agent willing to assist as the two seats only exist for a very short while.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
That's too bad. Thanks for confirming. I cancelled a test booking, and the seats did not return to inventory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.