Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ksu
The SAS Café Lounge at BGO was located near gate 16. Access to EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First and *A Business, SAS Business and SAS Plus.
It never reopened after Covid, and has now been replaced with a fast-food place. No other SAS-lounge available.
Print Wikipost

SAS Café Lounge Bergen (BGO)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2005, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
SAS Café Lounge Bergen (BGO)

Can any one advise if there is a lounge to which Star Golds have access in Bergen? Thanks!
Old May 16, 2005, 7:34 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I have never heard of one, there used to be one in Stavanger though...
Old May 16, 2005, 7:36 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Sorry, no lounges at BGO for any airline or Priority Pass etc.
Old May 16, 2005, 1:02 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Crowded....

And to make it worse: the international departure area at BGO is cramped. If there are more than one plane departing, don't expect to find a seat at the gate. My advice: either to wait in the restaurant on the top floor, or wait in the domestic departure area, where one usually can find a seat. You might even be able (not too sure) to walk through to international departures without beein screened a second time.
Old May 17, 2005, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Thanks...strange as Bergen is not that small a place is it?
Old May 17, 2005, 2:50 am
ksu

Remember: most Norwegian airports, including Bergen, are mostly built for domestic traffic, so the facilities are better or at least larger for domestic passengers.
Old May 23, 2005, 1:37 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Between the stairs goping up to departure area there are some rests seats. I sat there for an hour and had a better time there than in the gate areas.
Old May 23, 2005, 5:28 am

Programs: QR Plat
I also seem to remember there is a place upstairs on the thirs floor that serves food that just reopened, and since security lines at BGO never exceed a few minutes, this may be a just as well place to kill time, from what i gather it should have views of the apron and runway.
Old May 27, 2005, 4:38 pm
ksu

Originally Posted by PappaG
Between the stairs goping up to departure area there are some rests seats. I sat there for an hour and had a better time there than in the gate areas.
Yes, on a mezzanine overlooking the check-in area, before security. Nice, if you don't mind the drone of the huddling masses.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 5:50 am

I'm about to head to BGO in a few hours, and looking around it appears there is still no *A lounge to wait in.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
No lounge, and the terminal is more crowded than ever.....
Old Apr 24, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
no lounge at BGO... its the bad part of the airport, but the positive side is that i never have any problem of sitting on the plane 5 minutes after stepping out of the taxi
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Someone83
No lounge, and the terminal is more crowded than ever.....
I didn't find it too bad.

Originally Posted by bludnik
no lounge at BGO... its the bad part of the airport, but the positive side is that i never have any problem of sitting on the plane 5 minutes after stepping out of the taxi
True, true! Shame that when I landed at LHR for "operational reasons" we landed at domestic, so even though I was to be first off the plane... I ended up being last as we disembarked via the back door and onto a bus to get over to the international section!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by bludnik
Lucky you - sometimes the security lines can be rather long (all the way down to the check-in area)
Old Apr 25, 2011, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Discus
Lucky you - sometimes the security lines can be rather long (all the way down to the check-in area)
I must have been lucky as well then, only 1 person in front of me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.