Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

EB Earning on Plusgrade upgrades of other *A partners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)

Are there any *A partners, whom, like SK, grant upgraded class earnings, instead of original earnings, to EB members? This would be useful to know, when prioritizing upgrades in the *A network.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: SK*D
When upgrading using Upgrade for Sure on Air India, the ticket is rebooked in Z class (for economy to business upgrades). This earns 200% miles on SK, and can be really good value in some cases.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: More than one
LH are using Plusgrade too as far as I remember, but I've never used it on LH and don't know about the earnings.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Quite many are. This is why I am asking. I remember that AB also used PG, but there the earnings have not changed after the upgrade, AFAIR. So I don't think this is linked to using PG. It is probably a decision by the airline how the upgrade is implemented. I have some LH, LO, and SN flights soon, and would like to know whether there is any earning benefit for bidding. My requalification is almost there, and I rather bid for an upgrade than do a MR. I hate MRs.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
yes Lufthansa does and like the good germans we are there is even a system behind it.
basically it is things like if you book PE in G and E you upgrade to Z and have same earnings etc.

However what I dont know is if that is an 'internal' information or if this would run through to the secondary system, in this case Eurobonus.
I think yes, because when I used it in the past, my miles credit on miles and more was just listed as the new class.

So would love to hear from others too.
SK2751 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.