Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Long connection @ CPH, SAS lounge worth 24 EUR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long connection @ CPH, SAS lounge worth 24 EUR?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fassy
I am in general not a fan of buffet. I will actively avoid restaurants which advertise buffet lunch or similar.

(.... cut to not flood the page with huge quote...)
I agree with more or less all you say, and I am absolutely not a fan of buffets for the same reasons.
I think the reason SAS put out large servings is a combination of two things: they are understaffed (and have been for long time) and too many people have access these days.

Regarding the cheese wheel, I agree with Tango Alpha that it is not to do with the temperature, but with how people use it. I am not a cheese person, so would not know whether it should be served cold or room temperature though
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:24 am
hmv
Original Poster

To steer the conversation a little bit back: I found a nice location on https://www.airportsdata.net/europe/...comodation.php but I cant exactly determine where I need to go to find these purple chairs on the photo. Anyone who knows where this is?

Last edited by hmv; Mar 9, 2019 at 7:47 am
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hmv
To steer the conversation a little bit back: I found a nice location on https://www.airportsdata.net/europe/...comodation.php but I cant exactly determine where I need to go to find these purple chairs on the photo. Anyone who knows where this is?
I think that used to be above part of the stretch between the B and A gates, but with all the construction that has been done there, I am not sure that it is still around. The way in used to be towards the A gates if I remember correctly.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
Hi all, having read the thread I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but anyway...

I am flying PEK-MAN this summer and SAS is coming up the cheapest, with CX next about 500e more. The direct HU option is a little bit more than I want to pay.

The SAS flight has a 13hr connection starting at 18.30 and it seems there is no airside hotel or 24hr lounge available. I am travelling with my six year old daughter who has a Chinese passport and arranging a Schengen just for an overnight transit would be a PITA.

My daughter is pretty low maintenance but I'm imagining trying to do an overnight airside would be a pretty miserable experience?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LOUDNOISES
Hi all, having read the thread I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but anyway...

I am flying PEK-MAN this summer and SAS is coming up the cheapest, with CX next about 500e more. The direct HU option is a little bit more than I want to pay.

The SAS flight has a 13hr connection starting at 18.30 and it seems there is no airside hotel or 24hr lounge available. I am travelling with my six year old daughter who has a Chinese passport and arranging a Schengen just for an overnight transit would be a PITA.

My daughter is pretty low maintenance but I'm imagining trying to do an overnight airside would be a pretty miserable experience?
I would not take that connection if it was me. I would not even hesitate about the higher price for CX in this case Being stuck in the non Schengen area of CPH overnight would be a terrible experience.
LOUDNOISES likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:28 am

I am travelling with my six year old daughter who has a Chinese passport and arranging a Schengen just for an overnight transit would be a PITA.
I'm not sure if you yourself are a Chinese citizen, or if you're a British citizen. In case you are a British citizen, your daughter basically has the right to enter any EU country together with you as long as the UK is an EU member, and it's very easy to get the visa. You only need a document proving that she's your daughter. If I were you, I'd go to the Danish embassy as soon as possible (before Brexit has been completed), and apply for a Schengen visa for her with as long validity as possible. I'm not sure about the exact rules, but you may possibly be able to get a one-year multi entry Schengen visa for her (assuming that you are a UK citizen, of course).
LOUDNOISES and Superrman like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
Thanks for the responses!

Yes I'm a British passport holder, so I might be needing a visa myself by then....

She has had Schengen visas before through the French embassy, as you say very easy and done within a couple of days. Bit worried about timescales though as she needs a new passport and then a new UK certificate of entitlement which are unfortunately not processed in such an efficient manner.

On the way back there is an 8hr daytime layover, would this leave enough time to get into the city and spend a few hours at Tivoli?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
On the way back there is an 8hr daytime layover, would this leave enough time to get into the city and spend a few hours at Tivoli?
Yes, definitely.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:34 am

Yes I'm a British passport holder, so I might be needing a visa myself by then....
I really don't see any reason why you would need a visa. There are currently 62 countries that can visit the EU without a visa, including such countries as Argentina, Australia, Chile, Georgia, Israel, Japan, Moldova, New Zealand, Panama, Singapore, Taiwan, UAE, USA, and a host of other countries, so there's no reason to suspect that UK citizens will need a Schengen visa in the future. But you will probably be restricted to 90 days.

However, in your situation, I would definitely apply for a Schengen visa for my daughter before Brexit takes place, irrespective of what airline and transfer airport you will be using.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:09 pm

Plenty of time. 13 minutes train trip in each direction, Copenhagen Airport to Copenhagen Central Station (København H). Tivoli is on the other side of the street.

Take the regional train (DSB Re). Don't take the metro as it doesn't stop outside Tivoli.

Buy a train ticket in the vending machine at the station for 36 kr per direction (for adults).
LOUDNOISES likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.