Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurobonus vs miles and more

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by studentCPH
For longhaul I find Q for instance to be quite expensive. It's ony the often very expensive Go Flex (now Go Pro...) that hasn't been reduced on longhaul.
And on shorthaul, if you don't consider Go Light as a Go ticket, then your statement is true for that, but it must be quiet annoying to buy an E-class Go Light ticket and get 100 points...
I consider GO light a cheap GO ticket. And despite the reduction in point earnings, you will still almost always earn more points flying SK metal than LH group metal.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The SAS plus fares inside Europe like the Z are a great way to rack up status miles on M&M: Z yields 2000 per segment for example. 25 returns and you are gold for the current and two more years.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:53 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I thought I worked for the only business allowing business class even on short haul (terms & conditions apply ), but I was clearly wrong (unless we work for the same company ).

G
I guess I‘ll have to orientate my career based on that!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:54 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
But if gold drop to silver, it still counts as LTS during the gold years, right?
There is no Lifetime Silver status.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I guess I‘ll have to orientate my career based on that!
I guess you don't! The subject came up in the Kafé's thread, it is one of the 'perks' (together with slightly better annual leave/hotel/various 'ad-hoc' arrangements etc.) applicable to those away on overseas assignments for more than 6 months in a calendar year and I can assure it is far from exciting (it was at very beginning, though!), particularly when you're stuck in places far away from home/family and where you don't particularly want to be for long periods of time (or at all)

G
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:00 pm

particularly when you're stuck in places far away from home/family and where you don't particularly want to be for long periods of time (or at all)

G
Oh yes, Angola, Mali, Sierra Leone and Liberia comes to my mind. Not sure what some senior managers are thinking trying to get business there
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
Angola, Mali, Sierra Leone and Liberia comes to my mind.
To my mind comes Cleveland and that’s more than enough (and I’m not even employed to look for business so no efforts on that front thank goodness)

G
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:16 pm

Well, I’m in the energy market. We seem to be destined to travel to real s****y places
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Oh yes, Angola, Mali, Sierra Leone and Liberia comes to my mind. Not sure what some senior managers are thinking trying to get business there
And here I thought Terre Haute was the end of the world to be sent to. I guess I have not seen the true ends yet
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Pharma seems to the travel free for all. The companies around BSL seem to think that travel cost is immaterial.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Pharma seems to the travel free for all. The companies around BSL seem to think that travel cost is immaterial.
Back in the crisis years of early 2000s, one of the Danish pharma companies had a head of corporate travel arguing that airlines might as well just abolish business class as the corporate demand for it would never come back. Companies would come to realise it was just a waste of money to send employees flying on business class. I guess they have had a change at that position as I know that they follow some far more generous policies now.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Up to roughly 10 months ago (when the travel portal was introduced), we could literally screenshot what we (i.e. technical/supply chain alias those more subject to travel due to CMO presence basically everywhere around the globe) wanted in terms of flights, send it to one of the girls at the corporate travel agent and that was it (the rule was: don't take the mickey i.e. if you have a CMO visit in 3 weeks' time, short flight e.g. Frankfurt to Brussels, just go for the cheapest option). Things have somewhat changed since the arrival of the new COO (rumours say that he was not impressed by the number of Gold/Platinum tags, duly attached to most people's laptop bags ), there are more rules in place and we do get 'reminded' a bit more about planning travel in advance (which is often impossible) but, still, business class (including short/medium haul) is largely permitted and often at astronomical cost

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Feb 19, 2019 at 1:44 am
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:50 am

Well, I’m in the energy market. We seem to be destined to travel to real s****y places

I thought you were being sarcastic, fassy! The worst I had was Cleveland I guess, I just didn't like the place (and it was a prolonged stay due to API alias active pharmaceutical ingredient failures before a product launch). Compared to those places (and possibly circumstances) you mentioned up-thread, I'll shut-up and stop moaning I guess!

G
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:16 am

I thought you were being sarcastic, fassy! The worst I had was Cleveland I guess, I just didn't like the place (and it was a prolonged stay due to API alias active pharmaceutical ingredient failures before a product launch). Compared to those places (and possibly circumstances) you mentioned up-thread, I'll shut-up and stop moaning I guess!

G
Well, I also dismiss these experiences as a bad dream from days past. Lucky for me when I passed up the ranks I now have my people going there while I strictly stay in the developed parts of the world with the odd trip to the not that well but at least decent developed places like South Africa, Ecuador, Albania or Vietnam. But to be honest, it sounds worse than it is, we have very good travel consultants and a world class private emergency-evac team which handles all sort of issues, being medical, unrest, crime like kidnappings etc. But in the last ten years we only needed them once and that was a serious food poisoning in Freetown. Would never go to these places for a fun trip but sometimes they surprise you. Still, from a business perspective.... well... in my opinion you can also just flush the money invested in those countries down the drain.

The only thing, I do not get is, why do we travel in coach?

(It used to be F/J in the good old days before 2010)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.