SK935 CPH-SFO delayed (1dec)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:58 am
Original Poster
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
SK935 CPH-SFO delayed (1dec)

hi everyone,

I am at SFO ready to fly today to ARN via CPH and I see that SK935 (outbound) left CPH with a 2h50m delay. I have another flight on a separate PNR from ARN and I think I will miss it. I called SAS service desk to ask for a rebook on a flight which lands at ARN at least 1h before my LO458 (scheduled departure 1925LT) but the agent is saying that he is not able to see any delays... for him even SK935 left CPH on time?!

is there any faster way to get rebooked on a flight which fits me? unfortunately there is no other way to get in Bucharest before early AM of Monday if I miss my LOT flights...

thank you
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yeah, google (Whatever it connects to) also expects arrival on time. Perhaps there will be no delay? I think if the delay is unlikely, it is unlikely that anybody will help you. And with separate PNRs on different airlines, you are down to counting on good will.

In general, if there is SK personnel at the airport, they will be able to do more with the reservation than the call center. But I always try the call center first if it can spare me the trip to the airport. Call centers rarely agree to rebook to other airlines etc. The airport staff seems to have more leeway.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Definitely it will be delayed. right now (as per SAS) SK935 will land at 1709LT while SK936 is scheduled to leave SFO at 1730LT... I know I am on separate tickets (but still within alliance), I know there is no protection, but I see the SAS agents willing to do nothing because they ”cannot see any delay”.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK2751
In general, if there is SK personnel at the airport, they will be able to do more with the reservation than the call center. But I always try the call center first if it can spare me the trip to the airport. Call centers rarely agree to rebook to other airlines etc. The airport staff seems to have more leeway.
I am airside because I just landed here, I will go landside but I have no idea when the checkin will open.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The time to ask for help is on arrival when you have missed the departure on your separate ticket (I presume you meant ticket, not PNR). This is a discretionary matter and you may find help from either carrier. But, do not plan on it. Be pleased if you are rebooked and accepting if you are not.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:26 am
Original Poster

I ask SAS to rebook me so I will make it to my destination (ARN) on time, that's why I posted and that's what I asked here, so I will not rely on LOT's willingness to rebook on a different ticket because of SAS.
I am aware of the lack of protection on separate tickets. Thank you for replying
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:50 pm

There is no way they will put you on another flight to reach ARN in time to catch a onward flight on a separate ticket.

SK has only the one fight from SFO and rebooking you on a *A partner would make it expensive for them - without any need to do so. Worst case for SK is the compensation claim under EU261. And only if the late arrival of the inbound flight wasn’t weather related... lot of fog today in CPH...

Best think you can hope for is that LO will rebook you on later flight for a small fee (or perhaps even waive it). If this is a cheap unchangeable and unrefudnable ticket, I would call them from SFO rather than to show up at the service desk in ARN. In ARN you are a no-show, ticket voided. They won’t need to do anything for you there either...

Still, it is a long flight and it might catch up on schedule... just keep your fingers crossed.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
There is no way they will put you on another flight to reach ARN in time to catch a onward flight on a separate ticket.

SK has only the one fight from SFO and rebooking you on a *A partner would make it expensive for them - without any need to do so. Worst case for SK is the compensation claim under EU261. And only if the late arrival of the inbound flight wasn’t weather related... lot of fog today in CPH...

Best think you can hope for is that LO will rebook you on later flight for a small fee (or perhaps even waive it). If this is a cheap unchangeable and unrefudnable ticket, I would call them from SFO rather than to show up at the service desk in ARN. In ARN you are a no-show, ticket voided. They won’t need to do anything for you there either...

Still, it is a long flight and it might catch up on schedule... just keep your fingers crossed.
This, Also, there are no nonstop options between SFO and ARN. Would have to go east (e.g. ORD, EWR, JFK).
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Currently Sk936 is expected to arrive at 14:35 in Copenhagen, that should leave both the 15:20 and 17:00 flights to Arlanda with time for OP to reach his LO connection. Both seem wide open at the moment
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
LO has no transfer staff in CPH as far as I know. It may or may not help, that SK is handling this, as far as I remember.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:11 am
Original Poster

I made it to ARN on time. When I contacted SK there were plenty of options in *A to reach ARN on time. I landed at CPH with 1h20min delay (the aircraft which supposed to operate SK935 went tech), I was rebooked on 1408 and I reached ARN with a delay of 3h3m, good enough for EC261 but I had to run to catch my LOT...
btw, SK936 was fully booked so they could rebook me... but the delay was posted in their system only when the checkin opened so agents from customer care couldnt halp hence the flight was shown as on time in the sys.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by GBobon
I made it to ARN on time.
Good for you!

Originally Posted by GBobon
When I contacted SK there were plenty of options in *A to reach ARN on time. [...]
btw, SK936 was fully booked so they could rebook me... but the delay was posted in their system only when the checkin opened so agents from customer care couldnt halp hence the flight was shown as on time in the sys.
Why should they rebook you on *A when your flight is just delayed by an hour or so? Even if fully booked? Or was it overbooked with by chance all pax checked-in and they looked for volunteers to take another flight?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:56 am
Original Poster

SK935 left CPH with 2h50min delay, so I expected the delay to be longer
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:48 pm

The block times for the long hauls are usually quite generous and allow catching up, especially East-bound. SK will not rebook on *A partners over the Atlantic unless they absolutely have to, like when they canceled a flight. They are not part of the JV and it is just expensive for them to do so.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:37 am
Original Poster

for sure they have some interline agreements, so wont be that expensive... anyway, I submitted on Monday morning my claim for compensation and it was approved after couple of hours... 600EUR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.