Retroclaim form errors

Reply

Old Oct 18, 18, 9:54 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 169
Retroclaim form errors

Is anybody else experiencing retro form errors since 2 days ago? As I often have tickets with mixed alliances (SA & OW) I usually wait with claiming miles until after the trip has ended to respective programs. Of course over the years I had my share of headaches with this and different errors popping-up (from the class of travel not eligible to your name was not found on the passenger list) - these were always solved sooner or later though.

For the last year I must say that the form was working very well and all my flights were credited without any problems. Until this past Tuesday.
However this time the errors are way more generic and I have never seen them before with my 10 years with sas and 4 years being EBD.
The one is a simple An error occured (0) with the other instance of the page redirecting to a login page (however my EB login details don't work there).

With the yesterday's announcement of website maintenance I thought it had something to do with this, but we are way past this in the afternoon and nothing's changed.

Has anybody used it successfully in the last 48 hours?
MichaelJapan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 18, 12:12 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Club Carlson Concierge
Posts: 447
Originally Posted by MichaelJapan View Post
Is anybody else experiencing retro form errors since 2 days ago? As I often have tickets with mixed alliances (SA & OW) I usually wait with claiming miles until after the trip has ended to respective programs. Of course over the years I had my share of headaches with this and different errors popping-up (from the class of travel not eligible to your name was not found on the passenger list) - these were always solved sooner or later though.

For the last year I must say that the form was working very well and all my flights were credited without any problems. Until this past Tuesday.
However this time the errors are way more generic and I have never seen them before with my 10 years with sas and 4 years being EBD.
The one is a simple An error occured (0) with the other instance of the page redirecting to a login page (however my EB login details don't work there).

With the yesterday's announcement of website maintenance I thought it had something to do with this, but we are way past this in the afternoon and nothing's changed.

Has anybody used it successfully in the last 48 hours?
I haven't had to do a retroclaim in years. Use the SAS customer service form and submit the website error. They normally reply within a couple of days. If the retroclaim is urgent, you can always contact the diamond customer service on e-mail. They normally reply within 24 hours.
MichaelJapan likes this.
highupinthesky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 3:44 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Denmark
Programs: Eurobonus
Posts: 26
Was booked on SK flying AAR-CPH-ARN the other day. First segment was cancelled 40 mins prior to departure and I was offered a rebooking via OSL. That did not allow me to make it to Stockholm in time for my meeting so I had to book a BA flight myself (staff refused to book me on that). I used the SK return ticket in the afternoon.

I have claimed the points/segments from Ebretro and I just received a refusal to credit those points/segments as SK (according to the email) does not credit unused flights.

Earlier this week I got a flight credited where I missed the connection and had to take the train. In both cases I got EU261 compensation without issues.

It was clearly stated in my email that this was an involuntary cancellation so I doubt that this is a misunderstanding.

Does anyone know if this is policy and if not how do I escalate? Normally Customer Service has no clue about retro regs.

Thanks
SASegments is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 18, 5:05 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Posts: 1,782
Most airlines won't give you miles for unused flights (actually, none come to mind). SK historically might have granted them anyway since the rebooking was on them but with their new strategy of no longer caring about customers, retaining customers and extending zero service in such cases, I would really not count on it.
FlyingMoose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 18, 3:22 pm
  #5  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,073
SK does actually give miles for the original SK flight if they rebook you to a non earning flight, or a flight that earns less.

I guess you got the leg refunded (if fare allows for that), but basically since you just booked a new flight, the system will show your ticket as unused or refunded instead of showing rerouted Hence no credit. You can try to call them and see if that helps, I don't feel convinced, and certainly not if you got a refund

​​​​​​
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 18, 3:45 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Denmark
Programs: Eurobonus
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
SK does actually give miles for the original SK flight if they rebook you to a non earning flight, or a flight that earns less.

I guess you got the leg refunded (if fare allows for that), but basically since you just booked a new flight, the system will show your ticket as unused or refunded instead of showing rerouted Hence no credit. You can try to call them and see if that helps, I don't feel convinced, and certainly not if you got a refund

​​​​​​
Thanks for this. I bought another ticket because they refused to put me on a flight that they should have put me on according to EU261.

I did get a refund (work ticket so no choice) but I also got a refund for the leg I missed on another flight a week later and they credited me those points without comment.

I know the situations are different but I donít really get whey they would be treated differently.

Iíll keep pushing as I really need all segment to potentially get EBD this year.
SASegments is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 18, 8:21 pm
  #7  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,073
Originally Posted by SASegments View Post


Thanks for this. I bought another ticket because they refused to put me on a flight that they should have put me on according to EU261.

I did get a refund (work ticket so no choice) but I also got a refund for the leg I missed on another flight a week later and they credited me those points without comment.

I know the situations are different but I donít really get whey they would be treated differently.

Iíll keep pushing as I really need all segment to potentially get EBD this year.
Saying they should have put you on the BA flight is stretching the EU261 rules way beyond their scope, as they already offered you an alternative that would get you to Stockholm. They are not obliged to book you on BA if there is a reasonable other connection on offer. Reasonable does not necessarily mean arrive at the same time as the original flight.

As for your other flight that was credited, the devil is in the details and it will really depend on the exact circumsatnces of the missed connection, rerouting, and skipping of the leg. So difficult to say why, based on your descirptions so far.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 18, 5:55 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Saying they should have put you on the BA flight is stretching the EU261 rules way beyond their scope, as they already offered you an alternative that would get you to Stockholm. They are not obliged to book you on BA if there is a reasonable other connection on offer. Reasonable does not necessarily mean arrive at the same time as the original flight.
The regulation states that you should be offered "re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity" so if the Sun-Air (BA) flight is "under comparable transport conditions" and earlier, then they have to rebook you on that flight. On the other hand, if the Sun-Air flight is not "under comparable transport conditions," then they are not required to rebook you. The problem is that I'm not aware of any rulings on what "comparable transport conditions" means, so it's unclear how a court would rule.

I do not see any provisions in the regulation for the air carrier to charge any money for this rebooking, so the carrier may be unable to reduce the number of points that you would get to whatever frequent flyer programme you're using.
Some person is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 18, 6:16 pm
  #9  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,073
Originally Posted by Some person View Post
The regulation states that you should be offered "re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity" so if the Sun-Air (BA) flight is "under comparable transport conditions" and earlier, then they have to rebook you on that flight. On the other hand, if the Sun-Air flight is not "under comparable transport conditions," then they are not required to rebook you. The problem is that I'm not aware of any rulings on what "comparable transport conditions" means, so it's unclear how a court would rule.

I do not see any provisions in the regulation for the air carrier to charge any money for this rebooking, so the carrier may be unable to reduce the number of points that you would get to whatever frequent flyer programme you're using.
It is a legal argument that is very unlikely to be won. People even struggled winning over Norwegian for waiting 3-4 days to get home from a long haul cancellation. Where Norwegian refused to rebook to other carriers.

Saying it is not an unreasonable request, saying there should be leeway for it, or it would be the right thing to do, might all be correct Saying they have to rebook to BA has no basis in the regulation, or the current legal interpretation of it. That of course can be challenged and changed, but that is current status.

As SK as standard SOP allows for original credit of miles when you are rerouted to a non earning airline, point loss would not be an issue
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 18, 2:42 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Denmark
Programs: Eurobonus
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
It is a legal argument that is very unlikely to be won. People even struggled winning over Norwegian for waiting 3-4 days to get home from a long haul cancellation. Where Norwegian refused to rebook to other carriers.

Saying it is not an unreasonable request, saying there should be leeway for it, or it would be the right thing to do, might all be correct Saying they have to rebook to BA has no basis in the regulation, or the current legal interpretation of it. That of course can be challenged and changed, but that is current status.

As SK as standard SOP allows for original credit of miles when you are rerouted to a non earning airline, point loss would not be an issue
Well they need to offer ďre-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destinationĒ so booing on BA was within the wording. Having said that I know they never do such rebookings and I didnít even ask for them to pay for the flight that I booked myself. So that is not the issue.

My problem is that SK wonít retro credit me the missed flights. They still claim that only flown flights can be credited even though I have subsequently had non-flown flight credited in a situation of a missed connection due to a delayed flight.

They paid the compensation without any problems (EUR 125).
SASegments is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 18, 3:13 am
  #11  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,073
Originally Posted by SASegments View Post


Well they need to offer ďre-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destinationĒ so booing on BA was within the wording. Having said that I know they never do such rebookings and I didnít even ask for them to pay for the flight that I booked myself. So that is not the issue.

My problem is that SK wonít retro credit me the missed flights. They still claim that only flown flights can be credited even though I have subsequently had non-flown flight credited in a situation of a missed connection due to a delayed flight.

They paid the compensation without any problems (EUR 125).
I guess you got the leg you did not fly cancelled/refunded? The leg shows as cancelled rather than transferred
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 18, 3:58 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Denmark
Programs: Eurobonus
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I guess you got the leg you did not fly cancelled/refunded? The leg shows as cancelled rather than transferred
Yes I needed to use the return flight so I guess I needed to cancel the rebooking they had made for me (and that I couldnít use in this case) and let them know not to cancel the return flight.

I of course explained this to Ebretro but their reply looks very standard so I donít know if they actually read the email.
SASegments is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 18, 6:01 am
  #13  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,073
Originally Posted by SASegments View Post


Yes I needed to use the return flight so I guess I needed to cancel the rebooking they had made for me (and that I couldnít use in this case) and let them know not to cancel the return flight.

I of course explained this to Ebretro but their reply looks very standard so I donít know if they actually read the email.
And that's the challenge. You cancelled the flight, you can't get points for unused flights. You can get points for endorsed flights.

I understand the need and reason for the cancellation. However, that does not really change the situation.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 6:23 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
It is a legal argument that is very unlikely to be won. People even struggled winning over Norwegian for waiting 3-4 days to get home from a long haul cancellation. Where Norwegian refused to rebook to other carriers.
If you disagree with DY's or SK's rebookings, then I think that the idea is that you arrange the rebooking yourself by buying a ticket for some flight and then ask the airline to compensate you for this, suing the airline if they won't pay. However, it's very dangerous as you may lose in court and then you won't only have to pay for the new ticket but also for the airline's legal fees.
Some person is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread