Wiki Posts
Search

Goodie bag?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Air New Zealand Gold
Goodie bag?

Hey guys anyone know what's up with the Diamond goodie bag? A few year ago there used to be all sorts of things there, one year I got some marshall earphones, another various condiments, candle holders, etc etc
Now all I see is some concierge thing and SAS bag tags..
Its not like selection before was ground breaking or amazing but at least there was a choice...
Anyone know what's up?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Move to Scandinavia and you should be able to receive the full range.

Probably some cost-saving.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Move to Scandinavia and you should be able to receive the full range.

Probably some cost-saving.
Well that's not gonna happen..lol...
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: *G
You're not really missing out. 4 Cinema tickets that expire after 4 months (I chose that without knowing the expiration date), some tea towels or a 25€ thermo coffee carafe... It's in that range..
​​​
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by studentCPH
You're not really missing out. 4 Cinema tickets that expire after 4 months (I chose that without knowing the expiration date), some tea towels or a 25€ thermo coffee carafe... It's in that range..
​​​
Yes it started off not too bad - eg marshall headphones and has gotten worse and worse over the years to be zero to non Scandinavians and very limited to those in Scandinavia by the looks....
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:55 am
mha

Originally Posted by studentCPH
​​​
Mine actually kept working well past the expiry date (I also did not know about the expiry date until after picking them last year). So it can at least be worth a try.

(That said, I agree -- you're not really missing out)
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Wink

With so FEW actual additional benefits for EBD they really should do something tl improve the few that are there!

They could have some options like

10000extra points

2x free confirmed upgrade in europe

30€ or equiv tax free shopping on board

Or something like that if its shipping theybare worried about

But these are rather insulting IN MY OPINION!

Luggage tags or concierge service 👎👎👎👎

Just Saying
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
It does appear that shipping is a concern. They have added a provision that if the package is returned to them, the member has to pay for repeated shipping. I am pretty sure it was not there before. I noticed this, because the two previous times, I actually had to ask for reshipping as the package never reached me. On both accounts, the addressing was apparently wrong. It seems that the plusdeal's software is buggy, and this might cost real money to EB ...
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
I gave up and ordered the luggage tags. I expect that the package is small enough to fit in the regular post, thus reducing this shipping costs issue.

Really getting tired with SK's nonsense now...
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SK2751
It does appear that shipping is a concern. They have added a provision that if the package is returned to them, the member has to pay for repeated shipping. I am pretty sure it was not there before. I noticed this, because the two previous times, I actually had to ask for reshipping as the package never reached me. On both accounts, the addressing was apparently wrong. It seems that the plusdeal's software is buggy, and this might cost real money to EB ...
Another reason for them to find a better way to reward EBD with usable gifts that wont require alot of money nor shippping 😀
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
They can discontinue the goodie bag immediately and replace it with upgrade vouchers, the system for that is already there. But that would be listening to paying customers, something SK doesn't do.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
They can discontinue the goodie bag immediately and replace it with upgrade vouchers, the system for that is already there. But that would be listening to paying customers, something SK doesn't do.
Yes this system would be great
Air NZ (Among many other) has this complimentary upgrade for Gold Tier, its such a nice simple perk that really makes a difference.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
BA does it, DL does it, others do it, it is a well appreciated perk that works for almost everyone. I specifically like how BA lets me upgrade others as I won't use them myself often.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: EBD, MM FTL
I would clearly second that... if any SAS representative is reading this (doubting it...)
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
As I mentioned, I 'chose' the luggage tags thing. They arrived yesterday. Two points. Firstly, it's sent in a padded B4-ish envelope, so that solves the problem of things not getting delivered as it fits in most post boxes. Second, the quality is bad, really bad; the leather feels cheap and unfinished. I initially thought it was actually fake leather, but I've seen far better-finished fake leather goods in H&M and the like. It's the sort of thing one would expect to receive as a complimentary gift or as swag at a conference. Not really a "goodie" at all. I don't see myself using them. Disappointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.