Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

United Award Ticket w/ SAS Segment - How to select seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Award Ticket w/ SAS Segment - How to select seats?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by theddo
You have selected 3a, 2d, 1e and 1f?

If you go to sas.no or whatever and manage my booking and type the reference and name you should get to a view of your seats and press those and you should be able to select any plus seat you'd like.
I didn’t select any of those seats, they are preassigned to me.

The screenshot above is taken from manage my booking following the steps you suggest, there is no option to change the seats
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I didn’t select any of those seats, they are preassigned to me.

The screenshot above is taken from manage my booking following the steps you suggest, there is no option to change the seats
Are you in coach or business?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by hand_solo
Are you in coach or business?
Business.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Business.
Odd... You should be able to pick seats then.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
I ran into the same issue with an award flight (Air Canada Aeroplan redemption). Just bumping up this thread...
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:14 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
The SAS webpage is very hit-or-miss when it comes to the ability of chossing seats when the original booking is not made through SAS
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:19 pm

SOLVED.... atleast for me.

booked Aeroplan award with SAS segments and had the same problem as above, it pulls up using SAS NPR on flysas.com, but can't find any way or button to change/select seats.

I tried entering the pnr on other star alliance websites and FINALLY got it pulled up on Tap Portugal.

to change seats scroll down and select/click the additional services button under services, then on the next screen click the word SEATS and it will bring up the screen to select seats.

keep in mind that the seat maps DO NOT show the seats already selected for your PNR. But they will show up as unavailable seats already assigned.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:52 am

Hi. Has anyone had any success booking award seats in economy in advance? I can pull up my booking on the SAS website but I cannot see a way to choose my seats...

Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Are you *A Gold? (otherwise seat selection is not free). If so, try the TAP trick listed above. It might work if your FF number is in the reservation.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by SK2751
Are you *A Gold? (otherwise seat selection is not free). If so, try the TAP trick listed above. It might work if your FF number is in the reservation.

Thanks! I am *A Gold and I went to TAP and put in my SAS confirmation number and then my e-ticket number but neither worked to pull up my reservation. Was I supposed to put something else in?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:16 pm

Actually, I went old school and called. And it worked! Thanks again.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I just had the same problem -- go to lufthansa.com and enter your SAS confirmation number -- you might be able to select seats, if your reservation allows free seat selection. I've never gotten the SAS website to work correctly.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: aa
I booked my business class seats through avianca lifemiles and SAS website did not allow me to change seat. I logged in to avianca website (not lifemiles) and entered my PNR and it showed the booking and under special services you are allowed to choose seats.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by augias84
I just had the same problem -- go to lufthansa.com and enter your SAS confirmation number -- you might be able to select seats, if your reservation allows free seat selection. I've never gotten the SAS website to work correctly.
Just book two business class award tickets with UA miles via ORD-CPH on SAS. I used the Lufthansa.com trick, and I was able to book my business class seats! Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I booked Copenhagen-LAX in economy for my family of four. I am United Silver. I do see I get a free checked bag on SAS but it looks like I have to pay to select seats in advance. Any way around this? I’m traveling with two small kids so I don’t want to wait until checkin. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.