Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-CPH

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA.AV
SFO-CPH

Am flying this route early October with my wife, just in Economy for a short trip on to AMS. We are Star Alliance Gold but have never done this routing before so would like to ask some more experienced travelers who have used this service if there are any pluses or pitfalls we should be aware of? Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:21 pm
AHO

Alcohol drinks are not free in SAS Go (Economy class), except the one during the meal service.

Originally Posted by SAS
Food and drink.

Your meal will start with a small appetizer, continue with a delicious warm main course and end with dessert and coffee and tea. In SAS Go, one non-alcoholic beverage is included during the meal service. During the flight, you can purchase other beverages, snacks and candy from our onboard menu.
https://www.flysas.com/en/uk/travel-...lights/sas-go/
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by AHO
Alcohol drinks are not free in SAS Go (Economy class), except the one during the meal service.

https://www.flysas.com/en/uk/travel-...lights/sas-go/
Well, as your quote states, the free one during meal service is non-Alcoholic as well.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

One never expects much of a meal in Economy and we usually pass on alcohol in-flight so sounds OK. Thanks for the responses.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:52 pm

I did EWR-ARN last month and was pretty happy with the service in Go, particularly compared with BA / AA (my usual carriers).
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:42 am

You should be able to pre-select seats as *G
You will have business class /*G check-in at SFO and AMS/CPH
*G Bagage allowance (= 1 extra bag)
Lounge in SFO is in reality only UAs RCC - with the timing of the SK flight
Priority boarding
Decent in seat comfort, with small but OK selection on music and film
Pillow and a basic blanket
Meals can be a bit of hit/miss. Have not done long hauls Go in a while though
Once in CPH you will arrive at the C gates, clear immigration (but not customs) - and once through continue straight to the SAS lounges - upstairs is the Gold loung with better drink and food selection (but usually more crowded). Immigration can take anything from 2-15min.
You AMS flight most likely will depart from the B gates. Easy 10-15 min walk from the lounges. May also be at the A gates - add another 5min.
The CPH-AMS leg is rather basic, water, tee/coffee is free - other items are charged.
Daner likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Main pitfall will be the food, if you're not used to Scandinavian food then have a few burgers at SFO or better. You'll find the IFE to be very mediocre compared to other airlines, might want to load up your laptop with some movies. The WIFI will be better than most alternatives if you value that. The UA lounge at SFO is a total joke while the CPH lounge is mediocre at best, not worth spending your time. I'd arrive right on time in SFO and any layover time at CPH to be spend at one of the restaurants.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Again, grateful thanks for the input. I am scratching my head to remember when I last had en enjoyable meal in Economy on any carrier. Maybe ANA five years ago! And most of the Business food you wouldn't expect to pay much for at regular restaurant.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Cymbo
Again, grateful thanks for the input. I am scratching my head to remember when I last had en enjoyable meal in Economy on any carrier. Maybe ANA five years ago! And most of the Business food you wouldn't expect to pay much for at regular restaurant.
Actually, just this week I had a quite enjoyable 'Züricher Geschnetzeltes' on LX038 in economy. Was surprisingly tasty. Tender meat, crispy hash browns and a great sauce. The beans where... anyway, SK usually manages to disappoint in J and I won't even get started to think about Y/M.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Main pitfall will be the food, if you're not used to Scandinavian food then have a few burgers at SFO or better. You'll find the IFE to be very mediocre compared to other airlines, might want to load up your laptop with some movies. The WIFI will be better than most alternatives if you value that. The UA lounge at SFO is a total joke while the CPH lounge is mediocre at best, not worth spending your time. I'd arrive right on time in SFO and any layover time at CPH to be spend at one of the restaurants.
And if you've had your share of burgers and modern Hollywood movies you just might be pleasantly surprised by SAS L/H food and IFE (not the music though)... Btw. I agree about the lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.