Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus or LH PE?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The problem at ARN when going through passport control is that they scan all the passports and not for safety or security reasons but to catch people with outstanding unpaid taxes because that is a worse crime in Sweden than terrorism.
It is currently a requirement at entry and exit of Schengen that all passports has to be scanned. This is done at all entry points. This was a heightened requirement a while back.
​​
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyswiss88
Not knowing if this is still relevant but as having flown SK on Longhaul the first time (in SAS Plus) to Austin and back I would like to share my thoughts having used Y+ on BA (77W), SQ (A388) and LH (343/346/748/380) where my ranking would be: LH, SQ, SK, BA, NZ:

Overall i found the product good but not really exiting, I personally do like the service on LH more as it is more streamlined. SK (like OS/LX) seem to be a bit hit & Miss when it comes to crew which I really don't experience in a same way on LH (and SQ). Also the cabin was rather large with 56 seats on an A333 (similar count as LH on their 380) and there I do prefer the layout on the LH 380 much more (front of plane, separated cabin, quick service).

If I could fly at the same price my preference would go to LH, if SK would be cheaper I would be more than willing to give them another try. Personally I find anything more than EUR 1200-EUR 1500 (depending on routing) anyway to expensive for any PE product but I guess that's once again a matter of choice. More than interested to try out SAS Business later that year.
Ah I've been looking for a breakdown like this as I have a choice to make for my next US trip and my ability to sample TATL experiences is limited. I've flown SK in PE before and it was... well, I don't remember most of it to say the least. I do recall that my food was unidentifiable though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.