Search

Should I credit to EB?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More, FlyingBlue
Should I credit to EB?

Hello everyone

(I already posted this question on the M&M thread a week ago but got no answer, so I'm hoping of having a bit more luck here)

I am currently have no *A status whatsoever, and I am planning a trip to AKL with SQ that would earn me around 45K miles on well chosen programs.

As I earn most of my miles on M&M, it would make sens to credit them there, thus getting Silver in the process and avoiding splitting them on different programs.

Nevertheless, I understand that crediting those 45K miles to EB could get me Gold with the "drawback" of having those miles on another program than my main one.

As a (let's say it) newbie to this kind of decisions, I hope you could enlighten me

So, do you think it's worth it?

Thanks in advance !
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:54 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
In addition to status, what are your goals from a FFP? Consider awards, EB is good for redeeming on its own metal as there are no YQ, so valuable for last minute short hauls where the cash price has gone through the roof or for long hauls in premium cabins. It is also worthwhile to upgrade, also on their own metal. For non SK redemption or upgrades, it varies much more. Does 45k miles would be useful, keeping those in mind ?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply !

My main objective would be to redeem those miles for a ticket or an upgrade, regardless it it's SAS or another *A carrier (while I would certainly be careful when choosing the airline) on a out-of-Europe flight.

It really comes down to flexibility I think. I would gladly fly with SAS in the future, although perhaps not feel bound to do it.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:55 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

I dislike the M&M program (bad earn/burn ratio, high YQ) and in general I am not a huge Lufthansa fan. Personally I would do it. The *A Gold status you would earn with SK will be handy and those miles are not lost. It is enough for one upgrade to Business, maybe 2. If you want a redemption ticket, you will have to post more miles.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Well that is very clear.

Although I should have mentionned I am holder of the SN AmEx that allows me to earn a decent (while not gigantic) amount of M&M miles. That is also why I am asking this question. Now you actually make me question if I did the right move subscribing to it

So the redeeming for upgrade/award is fairly good on other *A airlines then?

If you have the time, could you just explain the "earn/burn" ratio with a simple comparison between the two programs?

Forgive me for the newbie questions
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:23 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

An award Europe to USA in Business is 105kMiles + taxes for M&M, 100KMiles + taxes for EB. The tax component of M&M will be in the 500-1000 EUR mark, it will be 38 to 60 EUR for EB. All those prices are return ticket.

If you fly intra-Europe on cheap economy fare, the lowest M&M mileage is 125 miles per segment, it is 500 for EB (Both for their own metal). So you rack up miles twice quickly with EB assuming you fly mainly SK.

If you fly long-haul economy, again EB will earn significantly more than M&M for cheap fare (again on their own metal). For full fare Y or J, both programs are equal.

See:
http://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/p...s-charts/#tab4
http://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/p...points-charts/
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...d=2507840&l=en
http://www.miles-and-more.com/mediap...2076991611.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.