Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Increased price for point upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Increased price for point upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Creditcards fix that for US residents, I don't think that the proposition makes any difference for US or non-US residents.

Correct, I reasoned from Plus not Coach. Spending more than $500 out of pocket on a one-way upgrade is typically a stretch for most flyers. Especially in most parts of Europe.

I don't relate with 75-100 nights in different cities and hotels a year in the US alone. Now the Ritz allows Marriott redemptions, that assumption will change as well, probably sooner than later.

I believe that SK typically gets things wrong when it tries to reinvent something that's already working and can be copied for instant succes. I also think that SK is largely there, it just needs to prioritise revenue over point upgrades and get rid of declined PG upgrades while people are then successfully upgrading at the airport with points. The preferred way would be for revenue PG filling up the available C-seats and when it doesn't, provide point upgrade options at the gate. We already have full award tickets and cash+points tickets for those interested in spending points. The key to success will be to continue having upgraded revenue class point earnings instead of booking earnings.
I am not really talking about redemptions, I am thinking about the number of people flooding the lounges and the quite meagre offerings in the lounges to begin with.

Ritz Carlton redemptions on Marriott Rewards has been around for at since 2010,maybe longer. That's nothing new. The reason RC club level remains decent, is that no elites get it for free. It only comes with booking club level. Or the occasional upgrade,but that is fairly rare.

​​​​​​​There are indeed so many things SK could have just copied, rather than experimented. That's at least the benefit of coming late to the game. But that is not the road they walked.... Sometimes in management, the process of change is seen as more interesting than the outcome. Maybe they find it more interesting to tinker their way to the goal, than just going there in one foul swoop.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by kbl
It is now official: https://www.sas.se/eurobonus/partner/ovrigt/upgrade/

GO to Plus 25K
Plus to Business 35K
GO to Business 50K

so, soon PlusGrade will also go up, I guess...
Yep. Plus to Business is now minimum 25.000.

But as mentioned by another some where cash bid has seemingly gone done. At least the minimum for my flight PVG-CPH is 1.555 DKK/2.000 SEK (Plus to Business).
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:13 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
I'm afraid you could be right.

As for Eivind we can ask him late May at the Meet and Greet for Diamond-members.
Where's the invitation for that? Haven't received any!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I received for the one in Copenhagen. Perhaps there is no Norwegian event yet?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:34 am

https://diamond.flysas.com/benefits/events/

Shows the one for CPH but with 0 'free seats'...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.