Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

End of COOP Medmera partnership in Sweden?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold

After the great devaluation (made without any notice) some time ago, I stayed loyal to COOP despite the low 10:1 conversion ratio to SAS Eurobonus. However, as I was about to transfer another batch of points today I just discovered that SAS has been removed as a partner. I tried to search here but could not find any info on this. To make it even worse, the doubling of points is just one month away so it looks like I just lost around 5000 eurobonus points...
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Some hope after all

Though SAS has been removed as a partner, there seems to be some hope:

"2016-12-08
Tekniska problem vid växling till EuroBonus
Just nu går det inte att växla Coop-poäng till EuroBonuspoäng pga tekniska problem."

"2016-12-08
Technical problems when redeeming with EuroBonus
Right now, you can not convert Coop points to EuroBonus points due to technical problems."

Let's hope those problems are resolved and the Eurobonus transfer option is restored. After the sudden devaluation, I would not count on it though.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to exchange MedMera points to EB points, but the website has not automatically called up the EB login page that is necessary for the final step in the process.

Seems to me like a technical glitch, but that does not mean that the programs will continue to cooperate.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Just checked again. It seems to be fixed now.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Reviving a very old thread...
Coop is running a extra 20% bonus on transfers to Eurobonus. For those living in Scandinavia, might be the right time to transfer any excess or unused Coop points.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by livious
Coop is running a extra 20% bonus on transfers to Eurobonus. For those living in Scandinavia, might be the right time to transfer any excess or unused Coop points.
In DK we only collect cash bonus from shopping in COOP. There's no AMEX in DK either...
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:48 am

These promos are quite frequent. They had a similar promo in January, when I emptied my Coop account. Now I'm doing the same again.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:44 am

For anybody who's contemplating becoming a Coop member in Sweden, this is the week to do it. You get 10,000 Coop points as a sign-up bonus, which can be converted to 1200 EB-points when there's a promo. Coop also has several other promos this week, such as half price for four months and 10,000 points for a Hallon telephone subscription, plus 300 points per month the subscription lasts. So, just for signing up and getting a phone subscription, you'll have 23,600 Coop-points in a year, which translates to 2832 EB-points with a promo.
nacho likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 2:24 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Old thread, but the title is apt. SAS Eurobonus is ending their relationship with Coop on June 21st. Make sure to transfer any points to EB before then! Email from SAS below:

"Hej Livious,

Du har tidigare valt att växla dina samlade Coop-poäng till SAS EuroBonus-poäng. Ett enkelt sätt att komma närmare drömresan.

Snart kommer du inte längre kunna växla in dina Coop-poäng, då vårt samarbete med Coop avslutas 21 juni 2023. Passa därför på att göra detta nu, men absolut senast 20 juni 2023. Dina poäng kan sedan användas till flyg, hotell, hyrbilar och mycket annat som förgyller din resa med SAS.

Hälsningar från SAS EuroBonus
TRAVELERS GET MORE
Old May 17, 2023, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old thread, but the title is apt. SAS Eurobonus is ending their relationship with Coop on June 21st. Make sure to transfer any points to EB before then! Email from SAS below:

"Hej Livious,

Du har tidigare valt att växla dina samlade Coop-poäng till SAS EuroBonus-poäng. Ett enkelt sätt att komma närmare drömresan.

Snart kommer du inte längre kunna växla in dina Coop-poäng, då vårt samarbete med Coop avslutas 21 juni 2023. Passa därför på att göra detta nu, men absolut senast 20 juni 2023. Dina poäng kan sedan användas till flyg, hotell, hyrbilar och mycket annat som förgyller din resa med SAS.

Hälsningar från SAS EuroBonus
TRAVELERS GET MORE
That's bad. COOP sucks in Sweden and a lot of points hoarders in Sweden shop at COOP just to get EB points...

I miss Willys in Sweden, in Denmark there is no big discount supermarket.
Old May 17, 2023, 3:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I think we are going to see more and more cross-loyalty program associations break up in Sweden.

Willys has no points earning loyalty program. ICA only has some kind of cash back voucher. Any others?
Old May 17, 2023, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I think we are going to see more and more cross-loyalty program associations break up in Sweden.

Willys has no points earning loyalty program. ICA only has some kind of cash back voucher. Any others?
Not that I know. COOP is going to sink down faster than the Titanic when points hoarders don't shop there anymore. The big COOP in Malmo suck - the only one I used to like was the one in Lund.

City Gross has Prio that gives students and retirees 5% discount.

COOP still has hotel award? ICA has discount on Choice hotels (I can't remember if it's them or BW).
Old May 17, 2023, 4:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
Not that I know. COOP is going to sink down faster than the Titanic when points hoarders don't shop there anymore. The big COOP in Malmo suck - the only one I used to like was the one in Lund.

City Gross has Prio that gives students and retirees 5% discount.

COOP still has hotel award? ICA has discount on Choice hotels (I can't remember if it's them or BW).
Coop will hold up ok in smaller towns where it’s got long time captives who just aren’t fresh of mind and on their toes, but overall it will loose a lot of its draw from the V V V crowd piling up on or for the weekends as COOP loyalty program becomes less and less of a draw.

City Gross seems massively overpriced for Swedish grocery stores even with a student and retiree discount. Other than meat and fish purchases by some people I know, can’t think of anyone who has City Gross as their primary grocery store for anything unless the alternatives are poorly located for their mobility and living circumstances. I know a lot more people who have Coop as their primary grocery store even when the others are reasonably well located for their mobility and living circumstances. ICA is a relative bargain compared to City Gross, and Willys is generally cheaper for more, except the bigger (non-Maxi) ICAs can be cheaper for fresh fruits and veggies than even Willy’s.

Even with the parking mess at Emporia, even the well-booted Danes would rather use the ICA there than deal with the empty City Gross a few blocks over with way less of a parking issue during the busier shopping times of the week.

ICA has lots of co-marketing tie-ins but can’t think of them having any point transfer thing in play.
Old May 17, 2023, 6:20 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I find that ICA better understands that most of their visitors need free parking to be able to shop there. Plenty of COOPs around here but they either have no or incredibly expense parking so I avoid those.
Old May 17, 2023, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Danes want convenience, try to tell my in-laws to drive a block to park at City Gross and you know you have said the wrong thing. City Gross has become more expensive over the years. I used to score good deals there though, 10 cinnamon buns for 19,99 and in Rosengard they replaced pork with beef in their weekly ad. Their minced meat from in-house butcher is good (just like the one in COOP Lund - the one in Malmo put in quite a bit of water to make them weigh more). I used to buy Skrei and other fish from CIty Gross, and they used to throw in a 10% off coupon at the end of each month into your physical mail box. I had to remember to cut it out and bring it with me.

The ICA in Emporia is ok, not the best but not the worst in terms of price.

COOP might be better up north but they are usually tons of ICA Nara to compete with them. The ICA in Riksgransen is better than the COOP. In Lund ICAs were the best until the big COOP came.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.