Wiki Posts
Search

1 Eurobonus flight short

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus
1 Eurobonus flight short

Has anyone experience a situation where they are 1 flight short for upgrade to Gold status and managed to blag there way to a status upgrade?

I have been a gold member before but missed out last year as was off work ill. I know I could try arrange an extra flight and return but the cost would potentially out weigh any advantage of gold member status.

Anyone able to assist me back to Gold status?:-:
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Depending on your location it might not be too bad. A quick Intra Scandinavia, or domestic Scandinavia should not set you back too much.

I assume you qualify on segments, based on your post. But are you close enough to convert Extra Points to Basic Points and push above 45K. Or buy the last basic points you need.

I think SK tends to be very much by the numbers. I.e. hit the target to get the status.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:20 am
Original Poster

points wise I need around 12000 more, but only 1 flight, I live couple hours from Aberdeen airport so a quick flight to svg for example would be a whole day and also cost upwards of 200GBP
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Craig Innes
I know I could try arrange an extra flight and return but the cost would potentially out weigh any advantage of gold member status.
Originally Posted by Craig Innes
points wise I need around 12000 more, but only 1 flight, I live couple hours from Aberdeen airport so a quick flight to svg for example would be a whole day and also cost upwards of 200GBP
So the value of that Gold card is less than 200GBP from your point of view?

And I don't know where you live, but Edinburgh might be also an option. And since you need only one flight you can return with some LCC. Just an idea.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:46 am
Original Poster

I don't think the cost of a gold card is anywhere near that. Was the cost of required flights to attain gold card only being stated.

I can only assume by the responses that only possible way is to buy another flight and make a day return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.