Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Washington (IAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Lounge Options Washington (IAD)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 9:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Why not? The opening times seem to fit. Everything else is *G standard.
From the Star Alliance website:

"If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight."
Old May 23, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Often1
From the Star Alliance website:

"If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight."
well, doesn’t apply to the OP. It is not a United Club and it is definitely an international flight
Old May 23, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
I was concerned about the "Only United Clubs" statement when I read it, which is why I asked in this forum. However I also believe that the SAS Plus gives us access to *A lounges, which should allow us to access the TK lounge??
Old May 23, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
SAS Plus only gives access to SK operated lounges (ORD and EWR in the US). You need to use your *A status to access lounges. I always use the LH lounge which is pretty basic and a bit crowded. TK should be better, or at least I heard.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by DLrunner
I was concerned about the "Only United Clubs" statement when I read it, which is why I asked in this forum. However I also believe that the SAS Plus gives us access to *A lounges, which should allow us to access the TK lounge??
For intra-European flights that is true, but not for LH flights.
Old May 23, 2018, 4:09 pm

The OP has lounge access. The two obvious choices are LH, overcrowded and borring and TK. Far better food and drinks - but unfortunately also overcrowded. I often skip lounges at IAD - it is more relaxing at the gate
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:49 pm

Reviving an old thread. Anyone know if the 2pm opening of the counter is still accurate for the 5:15pm departure to CPH?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It’s at least around 3 hours before scheduled departure. If it’s not already open by 2pm for a 5:15pm, it would be open by at least c. 2:20pm.

The lounge situation at IAD is a different picture nowadays than it was in 2014, but SAS won’t be going for a lounge at this airport. LH and TK lounges are what I’ve used for this flight, but I am not sure what SAS check-in tells passengers to use.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:28 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It’s at least around 3 hours before scheduled departure. If it’s not already open by 2pm for a 5:15pm, it would be open by at least c. 2:20pm.

The lounge situation at IAD is a different picture nowadays than it was in 2014, but SAS won’t be going for a lounge at this airport. LH and TK lounges are what I’ve used for this flight, but I am not sure what SAS check-in tells passengers to use.
At Christmas they directed us to TK. Before that they always directed us to LH. TK is a more relaxed lounge than LH (at least Senator - never been in the biz lounge).
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I agree, the TK lounge is less hectic and packed while the food and drinks offered are on par with the LH lounge.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The TK, LH and the UA polaris (for C) and UCC (for *G) can be used by SAS pax, feel free to use any. SAS checkin will probably tell you to go to the lounge that is closest to the gate
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:12 pm
Suspended

The TK lounge has had food more to my liking than the LH lounge.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The TK, LH and the UA polaris (for C) and UCC (for *G) can be used by SAS pax, feel free to use any. SAS checkin will probably tell you to go to the lounge that is closest to the gate
When flying SK-coded-and-operated flights, have you used the IAD Polaris lounge?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, in EWR. All you need is a *A operated longhaul business boarding pass.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The TK lounge has had food more to my liking than the LH lounge.

When flying SK-coded-and-operated flights, have you used the IAD Polaris lounge?
when did they open Polaris at IAD? i have totally missed this!
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JR67
when did they open Polaris at IAD? i have totally missed this!
It has a nursing room for babies to feed. How could that be missed.

It was open even before the ides of March this year.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 6, 2022 at 4:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.