Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Washington (IAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 3:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The B concourse SK & LH/OS/SN use in IAD is pretty nice and very different from the ratty concourses UA uses.
And the concourse with the LH lounge has the Chipotle at IAD. When flying from gates closer to the UA lounges, Chipotle requires an inter-concourse transit.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:36 am

SAS counter at IAD

Does anybody know when the SAS counter opens at IAD? Sk926 departs at 17:15.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: EuroBonus
Originally Posted by mi88ke
Does anybody know when the SAS counter opens at IAD? Sk926 departs at 17:15.
I believe it is two hours prior.

DanishFlyer
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Looks like 2pm:

View Screen Capture
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:26 am

I checked-in at 2.15 PM earlier this year and it was in full swing then, so 2 PM is probably right.

The LH lounge is OK for waiting, better food that SAS lounges (as always) and a manned bar due to some local legisaltion.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by view
The LH lounge is OK for waiting, better food that SAS lounges (as always) and a manned bar due to some local legisaltion.
Just to point out that there is no SAS lounge at IAD and that the LH lounge there is probably one of the better lounges you can end up in on remote SAS destinations.

Aside from not being allowed to poor your own drinks it's great, good food, good service en next to the regular SAS departure gate.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: EBD, HH Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond, Nordic Choice Club Platinum, Sixt Diamond, Avis President
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Just to point out that there is no SAS lounge at IAD and that the LH lounge there is probably one of the better lounges you can end up in on remote SAS destinations.

Aside from not being allowed to poor your own drinks it's great, good food, good service en next to the regular SAS departure gate.
That is right. No SAS lounge at IAD.

LH lounge is great besides the fact you are not allowed to pour your own alcohol. I presume this is due to local legislation.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:08 am

Indeed there is not a SAS lounge at Dulles nor has there ever been. In fact they used the Virgin Clubhouse once upon a time (route opened in 2001), and even the Northwest Worldclub after that.

The point about the LH lounge (I have only been upstairs in SEN section) is that food is miles ahead of any SK lounge, as is always the case. So a decent place to wait ^
Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:15 am

For those of us, who passes through IAD on a regular basis, you would be pleased to know that TK has opened a new lounge, next to B43 (and thus not far aways from SK's usual departures gate(s) at B38/B40. It is a *G lounge.^

To me a welcome change to the rather crowded LH lounge (upstairs)

Found this over at the UA and *A forums:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-lounge.html

Opening hours seems to be quite generous: 5am-11pm
https://www.loungebuddy.com/IAD/turk...e-b-4pPs59HlBj
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:31 am

I flew out of IAD on the 10th and I had no idea!
The staff at check-in advised me of the LH lounge and as that has been the one I have gone to before, I didn't give it a second thought.

The LH lounge was fairly populated but it wasn't a problem getting a seat - now I have an idea why
Food and drinks at LH was fine but I'll still give the TK lounge a chance when I pass through IAD again in November.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
That's awesome! I actually really like the LH lounge at IAD - my kids are not so thrilled because their food is too complicated (they like plain food like plain rice/pasta). I think the food is nicer than FRA Sen lounge.

Will definitely try it out! Thanks for the info!
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:43 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Opening hours seems to be quite generous: 5am-11pm
https://www.loungebuddy.com/IAD/turk...e-b-4pPs59HlBj
As they hope UA 1K's would visit the lounge, so they could actually make money on this facility
Old Sep 20, 2016, 1:50 am

I too will be there after Thanksgiving. Looking forward to checking it out! Thanks OP
Old May 23, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
Lounge Access at Dulles (IAD)

I am flying SAS Premium Economy this weekend. I have a UA Platinum Status (*A Gold). Would I be able to access the TK lounge, or only the LH lounge pre-departure?
Old May 23, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Why not? The opening times seem to fit. Everything else is *G standard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.