Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

ADVICE: SAS A330 Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ADVICE: SAS A330 Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:00 pm
fwm
Original Poster

Advice Needed: SAS A330 Business Class

I'll be flying EWR - OSL on one of SAS' newly refurbished A330s in late February. I'm currently seated in 4D. Only one window seat (albeit an aisle window seat) is available - 1A. Does anyone here have experience with the new product? What are the pros / cons of each seat as you see it?

Last edited by fwm; Jan 21, 2016 at 8:44 am
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There are some tips here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1724351-new-business-cabin-longest-bed.html#post26004035
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:27 pm
fwm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Thank you!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:40 am

1A is awesome. There's definitely more room in the bulkhead row, but boarding is from door L2 so you'll be one of the last biz pax off the plane. I prefer windows over first-off-the-plane. It's up to you really.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:21 am
fwm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
1A is awesome. There's definitely more room in the bulkhead row, but boarding is from door L2 so you'll be one of the last biz pax off the plane. I prefer windows over first-off-the-plane. It's up to you really.
Interesting - I appreciate your response! Did you find the noise level from the crew area in front of 1A to be an issue?

Edit: I'm also flying OSL - LYR on business class tickets. I'm aware that these flights (serviced by 737s) don't have any business class section. However, is there any service difference for business class pax on these flights?

Last edited by fwm; Jan 21, 2016 at 8:38 am
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:38 am
ekf

Originally Posted by fwm
I'm also flying OSL - LYR on business class tickets. I'm aware that these flights (serviced by 737s) don't have any business class section. However, is there any service difference for business class pax on these flights?
You will get free items from the buy on board menu, IME the direct flight OSL-LYR is treated as a european flight service-wise but the flights with a stop in TOS are intranordic. This could have changed recently to the worse though...
(There are different items in the menu on intranordic and european)
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:22 am
fwm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ekf
You will get free items from the buy on board menu, IME the direct flight OSL-LYR is treated as a european flight service-wise but the flights with a stop in TOS are intranordic. This could have changed recently to the worse though...
(There are different items in the menu on intranordic and european)
Interesting. I'm rather surprised that we don't have access to emergency exit rows, although I suspect that's because it would be difficult service-wise for them to distinguish between J & Y.

In terms of 1A on the A330, what's the noise level like?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fwm
Interesting. I'm rather surprised that we don't have access to emergency exit rows, although I suspect that's because it would be difficult service-wise for them to distinguish between J & Y.

The Plus rows (the section you sit in on a connecting flight from J) are at the front. On some busy morning departures between Stockholm and Copenhagen that may indeed stretch to emergency exit rows, but most of the time it ends before. (J is an inaccurate description, Y+ is somewhat more accurate.)
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:24 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fwm
From the aircraft minimal, from chatting crew in the (forward) galley it can be anything from no noise to making it impossible to sleep.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:33 pm
fwm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
From the aircraft minimal, from chatting crew in the (forward) galley it can be anything from no noise to making it impossible to sleep.

Thank you. This is what I needed. I can't take the risk of no sleep, so 4D it is!
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:48 pm
fwm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fwm
Thank you. This is what I needed. I can't take the risk of no sleep, so 4D it is!
5A opened up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.