Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to SAS Play?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
SAS has gone cheap with in-flight entertainment during the course of the pandemic. I've been bringing my own A-V entertainment for SAS flights because the SAS screens want to make me bust out singing "99 channels and nothing on". Actually, it's worse than 57 channels and nothin' on.

Both the Springsteen video and SAS had some kind of Godzilla-like thing on for a bit too long.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I had back up supplies of IFE as well.... I do on all long haul flights.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Honestly I wish it was possible to view my own content on the screens onboard, that would work well for me
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
Honestly I wish it was possible to view my own content on the screens onboard, that would work well for me
ANA has that in their new J and F cabins. Standard HDMI connector.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
ANA has that in their new J and F cabins. Standard HDMI connector.

That's great 👍

Let's hope these become more common place
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
You can do that in SAS Business Class on their long haul planes, just need to connect your own content through the USB input.

But yes, been the same story for a decade+, SAS IFE is a joke and they want to only offer me a handful of family friendly movies that I don't care about or tv shows that I've already seen. Bring your own.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I mean, come on, the entire Fast and Furious series is right there for the choosing , including a few of the titles with foreign subtitles despite you have chosen no subtitles.
Not really my cup of tea! Compared with the ones like AA or DL, the IFE on SK felt really sub-par, heck even AF and AY have more content on their respective IFE-systems.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Not really my cup of tea! Compared with the ones like AA or DL, the IFE on SK felt really sub-par, heck even AF and AY have more content on their respective IFE-systems.
The amount of titles are definitely lacking, but displays feel crisper. Also, I like them for the outside camera options. Ishad on for hours, maybe because lack of other substances

​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.