Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

TXL and GOT out of CPH - no tea/coffee in Go - now in the media.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Sorry only in Danish- but the media are finally on to the little scam SK has introduced on TXL and GOT out of CPH.
Nice that the media is following up on even a relatively small service 'enhancement'. Traveltime simply isnt an argument. On a recent ARN-VBY I got full coffee tea service in go. And SK sometimes operates ATRs to TXL that take a much longer time to fly and still no service on board.

http://politiken.dk/rejser/nyheder/f...-paa-alle-fly/
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:13 am

It is so sad that they claim 40 min in the air is too short for serving coffee and tea... it worked before, didn't it? I had enough flights CPH-GOT, GOT-ARN or GOT-OSL where it was no problem to serve coffee, tea and water.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by GreatDane
Sorry only in Danish- but the media are finally on to the little scam SK has introduced on TXL and GOT out of CPH.
Nice that the media is following up on even a relatively small service 'enhancement'. Traveltime simply isnt an argument. On a recent ARN-VBY I got full coffee tea service in go. And SK sometimes operates ATRs to TXL that take a much longer time to fly and still no service on board.

http://politiken.dk/rejser/nyheder/f...-paa-alle-fly/
While I agree it is an issue - I also find it a very small issue. And not surprised that Politiken choose to pick it up. Will fit right into the target audience.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: SK*G, Iberia Plus Oros
Originally Posted by fassy
It is so sad that they claim 40 min in the air is too short for serving coffee and tea... it worked before, didn't it? I had enough flights CPH-GOT, GOT-ARN or GOT-OSL where it was no problem to serve coffee, tea and water.
On the very same leg AB manages to serve a snack and a drink. That is on a larger 737-800, so I simply don"t get the logics of SK.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Springbok Viking
so I simply don"t get the logics of SK.
Saving money, blaming short flight time?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I was flying from Turku to Stockholm in GO. They used to serve coffee or juice but now we got nothing
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
This is what you get from HKG - CAN - 30 mins flight:

You don't have to walk around to give out tea/coffee, a bottle of water will do.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
This is what you get from HKG - CAN - 30 mins flight:

You don't have to walk around to give out tea/coffee, a bottle of water will do.
Indeed - the issue here may be small, but the airline proclaims a service it doesnt deliver (while other carriers clearly manage this). To travel CPH-TXL on a ATR aircraft which takes 1.05hrs often means a total of 1,50 hrs incl taxiing boarding etc, with nothing but a 'wafer thin mint' [Thanx Monty Python ] to show for it in terms of service.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GreatDane
Indeed - the issue here may be small, but the airline proclaims a service it doesnt deliver (while other carriers clearly manage this). To travel CPH-TXL on a ATR aircraft which takes 1.05hrs often means a total of 1,50 hrs incl taxiing boarding etc, with nothing but a 'wafer thin mint' [Thanx Monty Python ] to show for it in terms of service.
Exactly - that's my point - if other airlines can stuff a bottle of water and a bag of biscuit in each seat pocket for a 30 mins flight that require seat belt on the whole way. SK can do the same! No need to use some bogus excuses to cut cost/service. It's doable - either by handing the coffee/tea in a cup when you board or put them at the by the aircraft door. They might have to put a small note on their free tea and coffee on board saying that it doesn't apply to flights that are shorter than 90 minutes.

Mr. flew AAL-CPH on Dec 1 on SK, nothing was served. Not that he minds but he flew DY to AAL and free wifi, newer aircraft the whole way through definitely trumps SK.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back in the Golden Days of commercial aviation (not even that long ago), SA operated an afternoon flight UTN-KIM-BFN-JNB. They provided a full bar and snack service on the first sector; served drinks on the very short second; and a full hot dinner on the third. That was in economy class on a full 732.

Those were the days!

Johan
Old Dec 10, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Maybe they just can't sell enough on the short flights so that it would make obviously financially sense for them.

So they had the really great idea to have the menu card but to have no service at all in Go.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 4:47 am

For me it started with the new wetlease deal using JO instead of QA. Most of my shorter routes are now operated by JO.

I could imagine JO was much cheaper than QA but part of the bargain was that they do not have to serve anything.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue: Platinum, SAS Eurobonus: Gold, Accor: Platinum, Marriott: Platinum
There is no consistency in the offering at all. I fly every week on CPH - AAR route which is 20-25 minutes long. Always there is tea/coffee service and in AAR water and orange juice is available on departure gate. Service during flight is provided on Cimber operated flight as well as on ATR operated by Jet Time.
So flight time is not an issue - during that flights fasten seat belt sign is usually switched off for max. 5 minutes
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
They used to serve coffee on CPH-AAL which seems to be a shorter flight than CPH-TXL. They did this even in large machines. It was never a problem. All that "not enough time" explanation is a BS. I am actually fine not to get this coffee, there is nothing better to do with it than to spill it over my laptop anyway, but I hate being fed BS.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wazow
They used to serve coffee on CPH-AAL which seems to be a shorter flight than CPH-TXL. They did this even in large machines. It was never a problem. All that "not enough time" explanation is a BS. I am actually fine not to get this coffee, there is nothing better to do with it than to spill it over my laptop anyway, but I hate being fed BS.
Agree it is a credibility issue at heart.
Btw ARN-VBY will full coffee/tea service is also a JO operated ATR. So indeed no consistency at all in this matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.