Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:28 am

This is actually very well played by SAS, they are moving to where the market is today and will generate higher revenues (prices are not going down in reality) but at the same time ensuring frequent flyers enjoy their existing benefits and thereby not alienating them. Much better than what Lufthansa Group has introduced with no elite benefits. Well done SK ^
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
But they'll alienate their frequent flyers when the point earnings on the Go-Light drop.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:51 am

Even lower? Lower than 315 per segment? I think they won't adjust the point earnings (for now...)
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
LH gives 125 (or 157 with bonus) for the lowest segments. AF gives 0 for the lowest segments. Keep your fingers crossed no one from SK reads this and gets funny thoughts.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by helosc
But they'll alienate their frequent flyers when the point earnings on the Go-Light drop.

They are not changing the earnings when Light fares are introduced. What future devaluations may bring, thats another story of course.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by oliver2002
At launch the HBO fares will be a bit lower than the current low low fares, then they raise that to the old levels
Let's see if that works out for them. At least it is better managed than at LH with their direct "get less for the same money" message.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I don't much like the sentence ' ...will have same service on board as Sas Go and FOR NOW earn same amount of eurobonuspoints.....' in their statement.
No, they are not changing the point earnings FOR NOW.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
No, they are not changing the point earnings FOR NOW.
Indeed. And for now I'll take what I can before it goes down.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Indeed. And for now I'll take what I can before it goes down.
Do you hear the violins playing already?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by view
Do you hear the violins playing already?

They've played the same song before about changing mileage/points earning, so I expect it to change again. And then one day SAS will be no more.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

They've played the same song before about changing mileage/points earning, so I expect it to change again. And then one day SAS will be no more.
Unfortunately, as long as SAS is half state-owned, they can basically do whatever they want... even if they're on the verge of bankruptcy, SAS probably will be saved with some state loans or guarantees. Something among the lines of Norway not being part of EU, the key value it has for Scandinavian transport, et cetera.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I am pretty sure the prices for HBO will stabilize at the current cheapest fares with luggage, the earnings will go down within 12 months, and eventually we will loose the free baggage allowance for status pax. I expect that non SK golds are first to slash, and then not a long after also EB*G. This way they will have an extra perk for EBD. But by that time I will no longer care to be EBD. They consistently educate me to fly by cheapest fares. And I am listening ...
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by wazow
I am pretty sure the prices for HBO will stabilize at the current cheapest fares with luggage, the earnings will go down within 12 months, and eventually we will loose the free baggage allowance for status pax. I expect that non SK golds are first to slash, and then not a long after also EB*G. This way they will have an extra perk for EBD. But by that time I will no longer care to be EBD. They consistently educate me to fly by cheapest fares. And I am listening ...
I share your vision of the future, be it a dark and unattractive one... I'm seriously wondering what the added value of bonus programs becomes. At some point it becomes easier to just quit a few hundred jobs and lower all prices by 10% than to uphold some 'loyalty' program that basically means a smack in the face of loyal customers...

I probably will remain Diamond as work still wants me to fly with them. For all private travel, the competition will probably in 99% of all cases be more attractive to fly with.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by wazow
And the HBO fares will be made available to all European destinations, not just the DY routes.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by UltraRant
I share your vision of the future, be it a dark and unattractive one... I'm seriously wondering what the added value of bonus programs becomes. At some point it becomes easier to just quit a few hundred jobs and lower all prices by 10% than to uphold some 'loyalty' program that basically means a smack in the face of loyal customers...

I probably will remain Diamond as work still wants me to fly with them. For all private travel, the competition will probably in 99% of all cases be more attractive to fly with.
Yep, same here. This is the one part of the SAS strategy I just don't get. Back to basic market positioning from Uni with the like of Michael Porter who suggested you had to be a price leader or a differentiator. You cant be stuck in the middle. SAS are doing all they can not to differentiate, i.e they are adopting all the budget airline tools such as no baggage fares, no "free" meal or drink service, little value in loyalty programs etc, but they still remain more expensive. My recent family vacation was a case in point. Prior to recent points devaluation I would have always flown SAS (and always did) chasing the points and status. This time there was so little in it that price and schedule won out so it was Norwegian one way and SAS the other.

If you are going to compete on price alone you better darn well make sure your price is compelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.