Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection After Booking via United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

I used United URs to book a flight from IAD to SPU and the operator for both legs of the flight is SAS. I called United to get my reservation number but I'm unable to select seats on SAS' website. I then called SAS to book the seats but was told that I cannot book until 24 hours before the flight... Is this true? I'd really like to avoid being stuck in a middle seat if possible.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by syyskuu09
I used United URs to book a flight from IAD to SPU and the operator for both legs of the flight is SAS. I called United to get my reservation number but I'm unable to select seats on SAS' website. I then called SAS to book the seats but was told that I cannot book until 24 hours before the flight... Is this true? I'd really like to avoid being stuck in a middle seat if possible.
What cabin are you booked in? If economy, ASR may come with a fee but should still be possible.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Try the SAS chat. I've been able to get seat reservations through there in some cases when the SAS phone agents told me it wasn't possible.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
What cabin are you booked in? If economy, ASR may come with a fee but should still be possible.
I think you need a 117-dockument (SAS-issued ticket) to prebook and pay for an economy seat-selection
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
One of the disadvantages of booking SK and LH flights under UA codeshare No. is the ASR which will become impossible. Neither SK nor UA will be able to assign a seat.

However, rest assured that T-22 hours you can check-in and most likely aisle seats will still be available.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Thank for the tips, all. I spoke with an agent via chat and determined that I can pay for seat assignment in advance. I wish the phone agent could have told me this!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
I'm in J SFO-CPH on an Air Canada award ticket, but cannot obtain a seat assignment when I bring up my booking on SAS website. Am I missing something or is this not possible?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:01 pm

Hmm, call them.

How did you get a J award on that flight??? You are incredible lucky. What dates do you fly?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:05 pm

I ended up calling and obtained seat assignments. Seems strange you can't do it on line, especially in J.

I'm traveling in early December. Have been checking for J award availability for what seems to be an eternity, and two seats finally popped open two days ago.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:23 am

Amazing, most of us here were convinced there is in fact zero availability to SFO in J all around the year and you scored two (or even 4, is it a return ticket?) seats on that route...

Lucky you! Enjoy it
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:05 am

We're only flying one way (cruising back to the States across the pond!)

I'm especially grateful we were able to snag two J award seats after learning how non-existent they usually are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.