Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Longhaul Gremlins [Irregular Operations Ticker]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Longhaul Gremlins [Irregular Operations Ticker]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: SK-EBD
5 hours to nowhere

SK 943 on August 8th had to turn around to CPH close to Iceland due to an engine problem. No drama, but a day lost for the pax.

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4accedad&opt=0
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Trip in vain: http://avherald.com/h?article=4ad3f591&opt=0
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: SK EBD, Starwood/Marriott/RC, Hertz, Avis, AmXP, DC, etc.
My family was booked on SK940 LAX-ARN Wednesday 16/8, and the flight was cancelled 2,25 hours after scheduled take-off for technical reasons (fuel distribution system problem). We were rebooked for a flight more than 24 hours later after spending 5 hours at the counter with useless customer service reps (who rep SAS, but work for local ground services). Thank goodness for the delightful LH supervisor who took pity and tried to help (and upgraded my husband).

Anything special we need to do to get the 600€ compensation? Or just fill in the Customer Care claim form on SAS's website?

Anyone else on here who was stuck in that chaos?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by albie
My family was booked on SK940 LAX-ARN Wednesday 16/8, and the flight was cancelled 2,25 hours after scheduled take-off for technical reasons (fuel distribution system problem). We were rebooked for a flight more than 24 hours later after spending 5 hours at the counter with useless customer service reps (who rep SAS, but work for local ground services). Thank goodness for the delightful LH supervisor who took pity and tried to help (and upgraded my husband).

Anything special we need to do to get the 600€ compensation? Or just fill in the Customer Care claim form on SAS's website?

Anyone else on here who was stuck in that chaos?
It should be fine to just file the claim and provide all bank account details. SAS is usually pretty quick (compared to other airlines) to pay out the compensation.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
SK945 is delayed over 2 hours so far. They discovered a dent in the fuselage near a cargo door, and they have sent pictures and requested advice from ops in CPH.

The pilot believes the damage occurred in HKG, where it had previously flown.

Update: flight canceled.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LN-RKP is already doing SK943
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LN-RKP is already doing SK943
I told the kids about the "spare" plane, and they kept asking why we couldn't use it. Now I know.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:25 pm

SK925 Divered today, April 12... Anyone know why??

Just noticed that SK926 was cancelled so looked to the inbound and saw the Diversion... Anyone know why they Returned to CPH??
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:35 pm

LN-RKR in Hkg

Anyone know why LN-RKR is standing at HKG and LN-RKP is doing ARN-HKG segments?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
Anyone know why LN-RKR is standing at HKG and LN-RKP is doing ARN-HKG segments?
RKR went technical June 8th and SAS did fly RKP from CPH-ARN to do the ARN-HKG-ARN segments as a replacements.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Any ideas on how long its gonna take for LN-RKR to be back in action?
Will be flying HKG-ARN this saturday and would obviously prefer RKR over RKP
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
LN-RKP went tech yesterday at HKG as well but departed today as SK964 HKG-ARN.
LN-RKR is still stuck at HKG
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
LN-RKR is on his way back to Stockholm as SK9202.
LN-RKP is currently scheduled to fly SK963 and SK964 later today and tomorrow morning.
Hopefully, they will switch back to A333 service on ARN-HKG starting with SK963 tomorrow.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:10 am

Seems like LN-RKP has been back in Hong Kong again, despite LN-RKR being back in service. Does SAS have other aircraft that are out of action at the moment, or can we expect to see LN-RKP on the Hong Kong run for other reasons this summer? I ask for purely egoistical reasons as I am booked to fly to HKG in early July.

Last edited by Vardomannen; Jun 17, 2018 at 2:11 am Reason: Grammar
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Vardomannen
Seems like LN-RKP has been back in Hong Kong again, despite LN-RKR being back in service. Does SAS have other aircraft that are out of action at the moment, or can we expect to see LN-RKP on the Hong Kong run for other reasons this summer? I ask for purely egoistical reasons as I am booked to fly to HKG in early July.
For some reason LN-RKR did't fly yesterdays SK963 after arriving as SK946 but we can only speculate on why. It is currently on it's way to LAX so probably some work that needed to be done. But you never know what is going to happen in July..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.