Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

GOT/OSL/ARN/CDG lounge construction in 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOT/OSL/ARN/CDG lounge construction in 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by vd0t
Just my luck! I'm flying to CDG for the weekend...

How much is the meal voucher? And are there other lounge options in the same terminal?
The voucher is probably around 10 EUR. And yes, there is a general Star Alliance lounge. It's situated on the top floor of terminal 1 in the central non-Schengen area, so you'll have to go through passport control twice. Usually, this is no problem, just allow 10 more minutes each way.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by Korven
No. That's the normal business lounge. The new gold lounge is not open yet.
It's not bad at all.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:58 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Just at ARN, the old business lounge area that was under renovation has now reopened. I can't tell from the signs if this is the new business or the new gold lounge. It has the same food and beverage offering as the old gold lounge that is now closed and under renovation.

A few observations:

- The new space is considerable larger and more spacious.
- The lounge now has an outside view on both sides, one side into the gate 1 tarmac area. This is a great improvement that I specifically value.
- The restroom situation has drastically improved, there is now a real wash area that has a lot more space and is much cleaner.
- They seemed to have adopted the same new WIFI standards as they did in CPH (I reported them here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...unge-wifi.html). The WIFI no longer sucks, isn't congested 24/7 and is actually usable for work.
- In addition to uncomfortable chairs there are now also uncomfortable couches.
- There are a few lounge chairs in the back at the window, these do are very comfortable and nice to use while in the lounge. Unfortunately there are only 4 of them and they are very popular.
- The food is still terrible and there is still no warm food offering.
- There is no active airconditioning and it is way to warm in here. Fortunately some of the roof tiles are still open and there does appear to be an airconditioning installation even though it is not turned on. Fingers crossed this is being addressed shortly as this used to be a major issue in the old lounge during the summer months.

My preliminary conclusion is positive and exceeding my initial expectations. If they where to improve on the food (really, throw a plate of grilled cheese in there or some hotdogs and you triple the quality and food accessibility) and add more seats that are designed for comfort instead of looks, this would make for an excellent pre-departure experience.

I took some pictures which I will upload if I find the time.

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Aug 10, 2015 at 6:19 am
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose

Thanks otherwise for your review!!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Been at the OSL lounge a few times now. Here's my experiences in comparison to FlyingMoose's in ARN.

Just at ARN, the old business lounge area that was under renovation has now reopened. I can't tell from the signs if this is the new business or the new gold lounge. It has the same food and beverage offering as the old gold lounge that is now closed and under renovation.

A few observations:

- The restroom situation has drastically improved, there is now a real wash area that has a lot more space and is much cleaner.
Fully agree, same in OSL.

Give them credit! At lest they're consistent at something now!

I didn't found the seats in OSL so uncomfortable, though...

- The food is still terrible and there is still no warm food offering.
Norway used to have tasty hot dogs in the afternoon (or soup) and some putty-like substance sold as 'havregrøt' in the morning. Fortunately, SAS keeps very inconsistent with their lounge food offerings when comparing between the different lounges. Not too much consistency at once, please. Baby steps, baby steps...

My preliminary conclusion is positive and exceeding my initial expectations. If they where to improve on the food (really, throw a plate of grilled cheese in there or some hotdogs and you triple the quality and food accessibility) and add more seats that are designed for comfort instead of looks, this would make for an excellent pre-departure experience.
Same goes for OSL gold and my experience.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:02 am

So, just saw the OSL lounge for the first time. In general a great improvement regarding space but still too small for busy hours.

Anyway, food was horrible and parts of it inedible - literately. The 'pulled chicken' or what it should be was actually life-threading. They seem to just have hacked a whole chicken to pieces, the meat parts were infused (hoping its good for taste?) with bone and cartilage fragments. That made for a crunchy sound but is absolute disgusting!

Wifi is again very very poor. I guess in total 30 people in the Gold lounge, the SAS hotpsot won't even let me authenticate. After entering todays password and enter nothing happens until the conneciton times out. Fortunately the Telia homerun works fine with 10Mbit/s down, 8Mbit/s up and 17ms latency to my Citrix gateway in Sweden.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by fassy
So, just saw the OSL lounge for the first time. In general a great improvement regarding space but still too small for busy hours.

Anyway, food was horrible and parts of it inedible - literately. The 'pulled chicken' or what it should be was actually life-threading. They seem to just have hacked a whole chicken to pieces, the meat parts were infused (hoping its good for taste?) with bone and cartilage fragments. That made for a crunchy sound but is absolute disgusting!

Wifi is again very very poor. I guess in total 30 people in the Gold lounge, the SAS hotpsot won't even let me authenticate. After entering todays password and enter nothing happens until the conneciton times out. Fortunately the Telia homerun works fine with 10Mbit/s down, 8Mbit/s up and 17ms latency to my Citrix gateway in Sweden.
Should have known this. I just come from OSL. We could have met there.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:24 am

Ah, too bad. Just on my beloved T5-T4 hike

We should add our itineraries in a wiki thread here as well

//Edit: even worse... T3

Last edited by fassy; Aug 21, 2015 at 7:31 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by fassy

I pretty much agree with these comments. There's a brand new big food service area and they're still just putting out giant trays of cheese and lettuce. It doesn't look very premium. Last time in OSL I was starving, so walked in, straight out again and over to O'Leary's. Needs must.

The gents' toilets are going to have a queue forming outside unless they install some urinals somewhere.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by UltraRant
I didn't found the seats in OSL so uncomfortable, though...
Being 2m+ I can't sit comfortable in a 90degree angled seat or a seat that only supports the bottom 15% of your back. As such the new lounge chairs where perfect but all the other seats not so much. This is also an obstacle with the angle of the (Plus) seats on SK's intra-Europe planes, for some reason they insists on a back breaking position for the default pitch.

While not a major fan of the airline otherwise, this is something KL does quite well because Dutch people suffer from the same problem. I involuntarily ended up on a AMS-OSL flight a while back in coach because that is what SK rebooks Plus tickets to and even in the back the seat pitch on the 737's was better than what SK offers in the front.

For an impression of the new ARN Gold lounge, these pictures are much better than the ones I took: http://www.businessclass.se/sas-har-...kholm-arlanda/

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Aug 22, 2015 at 3:02 am
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:42 am

Ai, didn't know SK also rebooked on KL! I usually get to fly via CPH if OSL-AMS is cancelled. If you confirm, I'll try to point this out to the service desk next time.

Being Dutch, I know about this problem of being tall. In many ways Dutch society has adapted to this already. I think the average Dutch man is just over 1.90 meters, which makes me smaller than average. The average Dutch woman is about 1,80m...

Anyway, when constructing new houses, the ceiling is nowadays set at 2.6 meters (used to be 2.4), doors are slightly taller, kitchens have their sinks 10 cm higher than before... but I didn't know KL also gave better seat pitch compared to other airlines. I actually remember having a 28" seat pitch on an old KL 736 some years ago (yes, it's worse than FR), it was the worst seat I've ever been on. Fortunately, that bird has retired now. The new interior looks good, I've been on some B738, but didn't find the seats extraordinarily spacious... 30", like on the SAS B738, I think...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:48 am

Yep they rebook on KL, have done for years. My previous experience was while SK still had intra-Europe business and there was no harm done. Was able to credit the flight to Flying Blue and retroclaim the SK miles on EB, in addition the flight left earlier than the SK flight so a double win really.

The recent experience was considerably worse since Plus is classified as Economy-Extra so you get rebooked in coach and being rebooked an hour before departure you end up in the back.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver
Are there showers at SAS business lounge in ARN? Arriving from US and would like to rinse off before connecting flight..
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:24 am

There are showers in the gold lounge which is the only one open at the moment, so if you have lounge privileges you can shower.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver
There are showers in the gold lounge which is the only one open at the moment, so if you have lounge privileges you can shower.
I have no status, but am flying in Plus this Friday, after connecting from USA. Would I still be to use these showers, if it's the only lounge that's open at ARN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.