Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

EB Diamond - Softlanding to EBG confirmed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I think in the beginning introducing the new status I read somewhere that there will be a soft-landing from Diamond to Gold level.

Has this been confirmed anywhere or was it just a rumor?

Thanks,
fassy
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: DYKWIA
Yes, soft landing is an official and confirmed benefit: http://www.businessclass.dk/endnu-en...ding-til-guld/
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Excellent! But the link goes to an article of about 1 year old. Why isn't SAS advertising or communicating this more clearly...?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: DYKWIA
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Why isn't SAS advertising or communicating this more clearly...?
You missed the obvious.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
They want you to try and requalify Diamond of course, in order to benefit from al those great perks that Gold does not receive, such as...... oh wait.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: EBD, MM FTL
Sorry to warm up this thread; does anybody have any new information about soft landing from Diamond? I.e. suppose one stops flying altoghter, does one get Dimaond-Gold-Silver-Member in the course of 3 years?
Thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by protub
Sorry to warm up this thread; does anybody have any new information about soft landing from Diamond? I.e. suppose one stops flying altoghter, does one get Dimaond-Gold-Silver-Member in the course of 3 years?
Thanks!
There is a softlanding from Diamond to Gold, but no soft landing from Gold to Silver. So your flow would be Diamond-Gold-No status.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is a softlanding from Diamond to Gold, but no soft landing from Gold to Silver. So your flow would be Diamond-Gold-No status.
How odd is that since silver is oretty iseless there used to be a softlanding from EBG to EBS anyone know when that stopped?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
How odd is that since silver is oretty iseless there used to be a softlanding from EBG to EBS anyone know when that stopped?
First time I have ever heard Gold to Silver soft landing on SK mentioned...
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
First time I have ever heard Gold to Silver soft landing on SK mentioned...
I was EBG for alot of years back in the day until SK/UA left me hanging at LAX during IRROPS. Things got heated and I dumped EB just having requalified for EBG so I ended up getting 2 years EBG then 1 year EBS then to basic where I am now

But now that EBS does not get the bonus miles anymore theres not much benefit for EBS that really costs much to EB so softlanding might keep people flying more with SK, then again after the watering down of EBS it might have been removed too since I havent credited a single point to EB in 5 years its guess work on my part
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
I was EBG for alot of years back in the day until SK/UA left me hanging at LAX during IRROPS. Things got heated and I dumped EB just having requalified for EBG so I ended up getting 2 years EBG then 1 year EBS then to basic where I am now

But now that EBS does not get the bonus miles anymore theres not much benefit for EBS that really costs much to EB so softlanding might keep people flying more with SK, then again after the watering down of EBS it might have been removed too since I havent credited a single point to EB in 5 years its guess work on my part
Maybe it is one of the secret unwritten perks...
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:37 am

Maybe it is one of the secret unwritten perks...
Could be and perhaps not a perk anyone has felt the need to discuss in open 😎 The stigma/shame of silver 😃😃
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
I had a soft landing to silver once.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Can confirm EBG->EBS soft-landing as well. Soft-landed from EBD to EBG, and this year EBG to EBS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.