Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to remaining basis points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EB*G

Hi,

I've been EBG for the last couple of years, but this year I find myself about 4.500 points short of reaching the 50.000 points needed before 31/12 for keeping my status. Unfortunately I don't have any business trips coming up, so I am considering a short trip to earn the needed miles.

My plan is to book a round trip on Plus from CPH-Berlin, which should be doable for about 1.700 DKK return. But before I book, I wanted to ask if you guys know of any better way to earn the needed points? I have no real need to visit Berlin anyway..

Thanks,
Frederik
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:20 pm

No, cheapest way is a very short Plus trip to Germany, Poland or similar
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by fbraad
Hi,

I've been EBG for the last couple of years, but this year I find myself about 4.500 points short of reaching the 50.000 points needed before 31/12 for keeping my status. Unfortunately I don't have any business trips coming up, so I am considering a short trip to earn the needed miles.

My plan is to book a round trip on Plus from CPH-Berlin, which should be doable for about 1.700 DKK return. But before I book, I wanted to ask if you guys know of any better way to earn the needed points? I have no real need to visit Berlin anyway..

Thanks,
Frederik
If you value time more that money (and EB points) you can always buy the basic points:

http://www.saseurobonusshop.com/loyr...Type=RELEVANCE

Svantevit
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
If I'm not mistaken, bought points do not count towards status.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:34 am

If you buy "Basic Points" they do. See also the description in the shop.

I just think more than 5000SEK for 5000 points is ridiculous expensive but as Svantevit said - depends how much your time is worth.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by fassy

I just think more than 5000SEK for 5000 points is ridiculous expensive but as Svantevit said - depends how much your time is worth.
This will no cost any money - as long as you have 75000 EB points to spare. The question is then - is it worth 75000 EB points to get 5000 basic points ??

Svantevit
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB*G
Thank you all for commenting. I've decided to take a day off work, and do some christmas shopping in Berlin. A same-day return on Plus can be done for 1.570, which I guess is a fair price.

Thanks again,
Frederik
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Svantevit
This will no cost any money - as long as you have 75000 EB points to spare. The question is then - is it worth 75000 EB points to get 5000 basic points ??

Svantevit
I know and think 75k points is even less attractive than 5000SEK as i usually value 10k Points at min 1000SEK, most redemptions I book reach seriously better rates

Last edited by fassy; Dec 3, 2014 at 2:51 am
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy

Interesting, I'm reasonably sure there was an explicit note a few years ago stating they would not count towards status. I guess they changed this and specifically added "basic points"?

But otherwise agreed, you can always accumulate 5000 points for less than 5000SEK in fares.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:57 am

Yes, some time ago you bought "Extra Points", no you can buy "Basic Points". But as said, I think the value is terrible.

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
But otherwise agreed, you can always accumulate 5000 points for less than 5000SEK in fares.
At least until 1st January 2015 :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.