Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK-codeshare with Ethiad

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
EuroBonus partners are listed here: https://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/...ints/airlines/

It's not possible to earn points with other airlines.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
I know, however I thought that maybe there have been any steps forward out of this presse release (17 Nov 2014): "Both airlines will also develop and sign a Frequent Flyer agreement, which will benefit the members of Etihad Airways’ Etihad Guest and SAS’ EuroBonus loyalty programs"...
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Would be great if it at some point comes to that, but for now it's not established yet.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
When did SAS and Etihad begin code-sharing on flights to/from LHR? I know there is some kind of codeshare announcement from Q4 2014 about code-sharing between them, but what is the history behind when and why the code-sharing to/from LHR began?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
When did SAS and Etihad begin code-sharing on flights to/from LHR? I know there is some kind of codeshare announcement from Q4 2014 about code-sharing between them, but what is the history behind when and why the code-sharing to/from LHR began?
Heathrow was included in the original announcement, so it has been there all the way from 2014.

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/sas-...odeshare-deal/
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Heathrow was included in the original announcement, so it has been there all the way from 2014.

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/sas-...odeshare-deal/
When did EY launch AUH-CPH service on its own metal and when did EY pull out of serving CPH on its own metal? I am just wondering if the LHR-CPH code-shares were also around when EY had CPH-AUH in operation.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
When did EY launch AUH-CPH service on its own metal and when did EY pull out of serving CPH on its own metal? I am just wondering if the LHR-CPH code-shares were also around when EY had CPH-AUH in operation.
Did EY ever fly to Copenhagen? I know Gulfair did, but I don't recall Etihad being there.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Did EY ever fly to Copenhagen? I know Gulfair did, but I don't recall Etihad being there.
EK, QR and some other Arab airlines — including Syrian and Iraqi flagged carriers — I’ve seen and recall seeing at CPH. IIRC EY had ticketing office/staff in Denmark for a while — and maybe they still do — but I don’t recall if I’ve seen an EY plane at CPH sometime before or after 2013.

In the summer of 2013, EY started to have codeshares to/from OSL, CPH and ARN and some other destinations, but those were KL-operated (to/from AMS).
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EK, QR and some other Arab airlines — including Syrian and Iraqi flagged carriers — I’ve seen and recall seeing at CPH. IIRC EY had ticketing office/staff in Denmark for a while — and maybe they still do — but I don’t recall if I’ve seen an EY plane at CPH sometime before or after 2013.

In the summer of 2013, EY started to have codeshares to/from OSL, CPH and ARN and some other destinations, but those were KL-operated (to/from AMS).
Quite a bit of googling while sipping JAL's champagne, I am quite convinced that the answer to when did EY launch flights to CPH is 'not yet', I have found no clues indicating that EY ever had a scheduled operation to Copenhagen
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:22 am
Suspended

Quite a bit of googling while sipping JAL's champagne, I am quite convinced that the answer to when did EY launch flights to CPH is 'not yet', I have found no clues indicating that EY ever had a scheduled operation to Copenhagen
With a “not yet”, I would then suspect it to be a “never”.

There was a Wikipedia listing of terminated Etihad routes and it had CPH listed. But I think it was an entry based on an improperly used source document and maybe related to a cargo operation and either way was probably a mistake.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With a “not yet”, I would then suspect it to be a “never”.

There was a Wikipedia listing of terminated Etihad routes and it had CPH listed. But I think it was an entry based on an improperly used source document and maybe related to a cargo operation and either way was probably a mistake.
I can't in any possible way imagine an expansion to Copenhagen would make a lot of sense for the recovery efforts of EY. But never say never....
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:26 am
Suspended

I can't in any possible way imagine an expansion to Copenhagen would make a lot of sense for the recovery efforts of EY. But never say never....

There are circumstances where “never say never” is right and there are circumstances where such a saying is wrong.

There was a reason why I said the sentence that ended with a “..... then I would suspect it to be a never”. It allows for even a very unlikely outcome. Unless and until EK and EY are cobbled together, I don’t anticipate seeing an EY passenger plane providing scheduled common carrier service at CPH.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are circumstances where “never say never” is right and there are circumstances where such a saying is wrong.

There was a reason why I said the sentence that ended with a “..... then I would suspect it to be a never”. It allows for even a very unlikely outcome. Unless and until EK and EY are cobbled together, I don’t anticipate seeing an EY passenger plane providing scheduled common carrier service at CPH.
Etihad has taken some at times rather odd decisions in their strategies. Though they recently seem to have been more focused. So I generally agree that we will not see EY operating to Copenhagen, but I would not put a strange decision out of the realm of possibility.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Etihad has taken some at times rather odd decisions in their strategies. Though they recently seem to have been more focused. So I generally agree that we will not see EY operating to Copenhagen, but I would not put a strange decision out of the realm of possibility.
I put it out of the realm of possibility while the UAE suffers from relatively weak oil prices, an EY bleeding cash, and a de factor national ruler who has: (a) been spending a lot of money to militarily play as (and on the same side as) the Saudis but can no longer really afford to do so as much and as easily as before; and (b) seems inclined to let EY and EK be wrapped into one in one way or another despite the historical rivalry of sorts between DXB and AUH. In other words, a lot of things would have to change before an independent EY would start CPH-AUH/UAE flights.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 6:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

The codeshare agreement has been adjusted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.