Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

are hand baggage rules enforced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.

I travelled cph to Arn yesterday and checked my usual hand baggage as they said lit was 8kg, others on the flight had similar luggage and there were no checks at all

Is this usual as I am travelling arn to Ams today in sas plus and would much rather not check my bags

Thanks for your help

Btw bag is normal size and allowed on every other airline I've used! Also it is on top of my laptop bag
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Unless you bring something very unusual in size or weight I would say it will be allowed, so based on how you describe your luggage I would not be worried. Have never experienced scales at ARN unless you go to manual check in desks.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Ok that's great thanks, also cabin looks empty, so can't see that the overheads will be full
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Very common to see ppl having 2 bags(bag + laptop bag) with them on board tbh and have never seen anyone having any kind of issues.

With that being said, I hate ppl that bring too much .... on board
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: EBP/SK*G, M&M FT, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by MrCharming
Very common to see ppl having 2 bags(bag + laptop bag) with them on board tbh and have never seen anyone having any kind of issues.

Never had any issues with hand luggage, whether in GO or PLUS, but I do second the above statement and in particular, I find it appaling when people travelling in GO put their extra hand luggage in the PLUS bins when passing through, as if it was the most normal thing in the world!!!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrCharming

I always put my laptop bag by my feet anyway, so hopefully won't inconvenience anyone else !

Also strange they police (or don't ) by weight rather than size!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
As long as it isn't oversize by significant measures it will be fine. I've NEVER had the weight checked on a SK flight (only ever with LH group and low cost carriers).

One piece of luggage and one personal item (e.g. hand bag, laptop bag, briefcase) is allowed on most airlines incl. SK.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Some 8-10 years ago thew were picky on the hand luggage for a few months. And never since.

And that's more good than bad. (I agree on the bad aspects mentioned above.)
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
They checked our handluggage at check in at cph several weeks ago when we were flying to pvg, no check at the gate though.

They were spinners suitcases and my kids kept their sleeping friends with them.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
They checked our handluggage at check in at cph several weeks ago when we were flying to pvg, no check at the gate though.

They were spinners suitcases and my kids kept their sleeping friends with them.
They do that a lot if you have a larger piece of hand luggage with you at the check-in desks. Never seen them check at the gate though.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Was pushing the limits weight-wise for hand baggage on a R/T ARN/FRA/KWI a couple of weeks ago. No problem on the way out, but the airport in Kuwait does not support online check in for LH flights and the check-in agent weighed my (not oversized) roller. 11kg was 3 too much, and the flight to FRA was nearly full, so it got checked. First time that I can recall having to do that.

Of course, being able to pass through 3 checkpoints with X-ray machines in Kuwait with a bottle of water and beeping machines with nobody paying much attention was interesting, but that is another subject.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.