Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Newbie question can you upgrade at the airport on LHR-CPH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Sorry for the draft question, but is it possible to buy an upgrade from economy to SAS Plus (if that's the right term) to gain access to the lounge, I am flying next Monday afternoon?

Many thanks,
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by all ahead full
Sorry for the draft question, but is it possible to buy an upgrade from economy to SAS Plus (if that's the right term) to gain access to the lounge, I am flying next Monday afternoon?

Many thanks,
Officially no. Upgrade for points is only on long haul. And there is no system for selling upgrades. You can always ask, it would probably be the fare difference between your current ticket and the available Plus fare. And potentially any change fee associated with your ticket.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Never heard of that happening if im honest.!

Would have guested you in if you were travelling that morning and not afternoon.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Okay many thanks for the replies.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
You will probably be better off by using one of the three independent lounges, that should all give you access for less than 30 EUR. Personally I like the renewed ASPIRE lounge. Snacks are limited, but it is clean and the atmosphere is usually quiet, ever since Diners Club has cut down on their lounge program in Nordics.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:19 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Do you need lounge access for a quiet place to make an important phone call? or work on some urgent items? If so then the lounge may be worth it, but otherwise paying 30 EUR to go to a contract lounge for the food and drink, or what will be in all likelihood 100 EUR+ to upgrade the fare to SAS Plus is hardly a good deal.

If you decide to upgrade the fare, this must be done before check in as SAS IT system does not allow upsell post-check in. One needs to cancel the check in, upsell, then recheck-in.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:10 am

The SAS ticket Office should be able to fix this - at least they always did it for me , both at the airport and via phone
Old Feb 26, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
You can do it, but it will be fare difference plus change fee (if your ticket has one). As such most of the time it is a very expensive way of getting lounge access.

I suggest paying to get into a third party lounge, alternatively the SAS lounge. At least all the Scandinavian SAS Business lounges nowadays allow you to pay 249 SEK/NOK/DKK to enter as long as you have an SK ticket.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:10 am

I just meant the "check out" - "pay up" - "check in" procedure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.