Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New longhaul aircraft and cabins from 2015 / 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New longhaul aircraft and cabins from 2015 / 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SE-REH now can move on its own:

The plane's color looks like a vomit green. Hopefully it doesn't stay that way.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The plane's color looks like a vomit green. Hopefully it doesn't stay that way.
It's just the primer. Still need the final paint. But it is interesting that the tail section and wings are painted in the final color before they are installed.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
It's just the primer. Still need the final paint. But it is interesting that the tail section and wings are painted in the final color before they are installed.
I wasn't being serious.

I would have to assume that the tail and wing section paintings may have to do with the placement of staff/equipment that can better paint those parts of the plane.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:38 pm

SE-REH has now been in the air and are currently in CHR for final paint https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1928
Old May 21, 2019, 6:16 pm

Some good news. SE-REH has arrived back at TLS after paint in CHR https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/fwwce It should be ready for delivery within a week or two after which LN-RKP will be a true spare plan through out the summer schedule.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Some good news. SE-REH has arrived back at TLS after paint in CHR https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/fwwce It should be ready for delivery within a week or two after which LN-RKP will be a true spare plan through out the summer schedule.
Not to be facetious. However how many degrees of spare plane'ness does SK have? It has always been argued that it was a spare plane, but SK always seemed to end up stretching the fleet more. Though never quite to the level of the summer before LN-RKP arrived.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
i wish I could believe this, but knowing SAS I can’t. It’s flying as much as ever.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by slickvik

i wish I could believe this, but knowing SAS I can’t. It’s flying as much as ever.
SE-REH is nor in service yet. So the pre condition for the statement is not fulfilled yet.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SE-REH has now been in the air and are currently in CHR for final paint https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1928
REH is all painted and back in TLS, probably getting the final cabin interiors.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:01 am

SE-REH is having it's third flight right now. It's not listed as customer acceptance test, but it could very well be in which case the bird could arrive in CPH, OSL or ARN tomorrow.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:04 am

According to this site https://aibfamily.flights/production-list/A330 SE-REH is currently doing the customer acceptance flight. With a little luck we have seen LN-RKP in the air for the last time.

Edit: link to the flight on flightradar24 https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/f-wwce

Last edited by highupinthesky; Jun 26, 2019 at 7:14 am
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Fingers crossed
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:44 pm

That LN-RKP is still around is not surprising I think.
According to multiple SAS employees the plan is to replace the old lady in August.

SE-REH did the second customer acceptance flight yesterday.
If there weren't any problems delivery could take place sometime next week.
I think that the first revenue flight will then be in late July/early August.
But that's just a guesstimate.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:57 pm

SE-REH has been on quite a number of test flights, so something must have been wrong with it.

SK normally puts new birds into revenue rotation pretty fast SE-ROF arrived at ARN from TLS in the evening on June 27 and had it's first revenue flight on June 29 in the morning. I would assume SE-REH wont spend much longer on the ground before it's put into service.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:22 am

Two customer acceptance flights aren't uncommon from what I've seen.
But today SE-REH went on the third one of these, so something is off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.