Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Customer Service (or rather lack of same)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG,

May 16th this year, i was going Brussels to Copenhagen with SAS. At first the plane was said to be delayed due to technical problems and after about 5hours they finally cancelled the flight. They did send a new plane from Copenhagen to pick up all the passengers, but we left Brussels some 8 hours late.

May 17th, i did file a request to get compensation and i got an automated reply that SAS would reply within 4 weeks.

5 weeks later, i called customer service in Copenhagen and asked if they had a reply for me. I was told the department dealing with Compensations could not be reached by phone or email, but i could fill in another online request and check status of my claim which i did.

I then got back a reply that they would revert within 7 weeks....

8 weeks later, i called customer service and asked to talk to the compensation department which they would not let me. I talked to a manager who admitted that things were out of control in that department but there was nothing he could do other than try to push my file forward with his colleagues.

Another 3-4 weeks went by with no news. I did again call customer care in Copenhagen and asked for news. Next day i finally got an email from
Compensation deparment in Stockholm saying i would receive Euro 250 in compensation.

Fine i thought - after 4 months of waiting/pushing/talking to 10 different people, i would finally be compensated.

This was on sept 11th - are you surprised to hear that sofar i did not
see this compensation on my account. When calling customer care in copenhagen i am told 'its all on its way', but honestly speaking i
am speechless how bad a customer service SAS are offering their clients.

I am a Eurobonus Gold member, but that obviously as no effect.

Am i only unlucky or has others had the same hazzle when trying to
obtain a rightful earned compensation?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: EBD, Delta Gold, SPG Plat, Mariott Plat, CC Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Sorry to hear about your experience - it must be frustrating.
I, on the other hand, have only had very good experiences with SAS customer service.

In the past twelve months I've had one major delay (4+ hours) and two cancellations (both rebooked to same day flights). After writing customer service through the web form, I received the standard reply that handling could take up to 4 weeks. In all three cases, I got a reply within the four week period, and received my compensation transferred to my bank account within two weeks of approval of my request.
Futhermore, I even had a single incident where I booked a trip for my significant other, with the return leg in C, because a SAS representative had confirmed that we could get the full refund of that leg if we ended up not using it (which was the plan all along). This is obviously trying to avoid the higher price of a one-way ticket, and is not "allowed", however, as the SAS representative specifically confirmed this on the phone, I thought I'd go for it. Naturally they didn't accept my request for complete refund of the return leg of the trip, but after I called and explained the situation, I got a call back within two days stating that "as a valued customer and because you seem to have been misinformed, we will make an exception and give you the full refund".

Similarly, half a year ago a suitcase was damaged on the way from EWR to CPH, and I went to the service desk in the baggage hall. They acknowledge the whole in the case (fortunately a small hole, but going all the way through so it was not just "cosmetic") and gave me the option of either choosing a new case from their lineup (and repacking on the spot), or taking my damaged case home, and filing a request for compensation. I chose the latter, and send them the store receipt from when I bought the case, and two weeks after I recevied the full amount in my account.

I must say I have only had very good experiences dealing with SAS's customer services. And I hope yours is just a very unfortunate exception (though i fully agree and sympathize with you frustration).
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG,
Hi DKresident,
Thanks for your input. I also hope this is a one-off fall out as for sure
this is not what you should expect from your 'flag-carrier' which i normally like
to support!!
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:17 pm

I also had only very positive experiences regarding the handling times. All my claims have been settled in under 4 weeks so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.