Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EB earnings on SQ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
EB earnings on SQ

I noted the earnings table for SQ on SAS's webpage was updated in June. How do you read the levels, I tend to think it means 100% earnings in eco, but as they write minimum 300 I'm not sure?

I searched for flights in the booking tool and if we can trust the calculator there it is now 100% earning on also low booking classes (L, in this case). 12400 miles for SEK 6000 feels like a big improvement compared to earlier. I guess it might be the benefit of the deepened cooperation between SQ and SK.

Last edited by pswe; Aug 11, 2013 at 4:27 am Reason: Made more research
Old Aug 13, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
I guess it's
100% Economy (Y, B, E, H, M, S, W, U, K, L)
and
200% First & Business (A, F, P, R, C, D, J, Z)
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
I can confirm that you are both correct .
Old Aug 13, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Excellent earning on SQ. From being poor earning in the past to now very attractive. And flying SQ is very nice so not the worst airline to increase the earning on :-)
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:46 am

Nice indeed, do notice that there still are some low economy tickets that does not earn at all.

Last edited by FT Guest xyzpdq; Aug 19, 2013 at 12:43 am
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Improvement. But, as OFFlyer points out, you still can easily run into 0%.

Popular ”Super Deals” (which gives 10% at Kris Flyer) and ”Sweet Deals” (which gives 50% at Kris Flyer) is still zero at EB. Cheapest SQ-tickets, which earns EB-points (100%), is “Flexi Saver” (W), which is 20% more expensive than Super Deals.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Nice indeed, do notice that there still are some low economy tickets that does not earn at all.
Yes those are the N, V and Q classes that don't earn miles anywhere except on SQ's FFP.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Still decent earnings in other booking classes. Earlier it was almost impossible to get 100% earning in Y unless paying a crazy amount. I welcome all changes that goes in a positive direction.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:30 am

I was flying SQ OSL-KUL-OSL June 7th - June 12th in Flexi Saver (W), ie the earning chart was updated during my trip. But I got the same points on both outbound and inbound.
I tried to contact SAS , but they gave a vague answer that the earning chart valid at outbound was the one counting for the whole trip. I havn't found anything in terms and conditions that says this. Anyone knows?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
sounds strange, feels as if earning table on the date of flight should be deciding factor,
did you contact Eurobonus directly or just general feedback mailbox?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:25 am

I used the chat function. I asked where I could find these terms, without getting any answer. They only said that my claim was forwarded to someone else in EB and that if I was entitled to more points my account would be updated, but nothing has happened. Guess I just have to try again...
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
So this crazy routing on SQ / FRA-SIN-NRT return/ Flexi Saver/ W/ 1262€/ 21h55min/ 2x9729 miles/ would give 19458 for EB?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.