Wiki Posts
Search

Business Full Flex rules?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, AS*MVP75k, UA*G
Business Full Flex rules?

I am about to make two bookings, as I understand from the Business Full Flex rules they are 100% refundable except the 30,- booking fee. My question is if that also applies if you have checked in and received BPs, as we are waiting for a third person for a IC flight, we would like to have a backup in case he doesnt make the connection, so would it be safe to buy two Full Flex tickets, check in (no luggage though) and then cancel it if he is a no show and then use our second pair of later tickets?

Thanks for any kind suggestions
Old Apr 5, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Yes, you can always get a refund for a full flex ticket, or rebook it, even after you've checked in. Your third person has to check in at least 1 hour before the flight, but this can be done 22 hours before departure. If you inform at the gate that you are waiting for someone, they might be able to arrange for them to get off the plane first (if it is a SAS flight), and help them to the gate if time is a problem.

You might get some more advice if you could inform which airport you are flying from, where you are flying to, and which company your third person is flying with.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:31 am

Hi everyone,

I'd like to raise the topic (it seems outdated) - are those rules still applicable?
We will have a similar situation: I will book 2 tickets on the same day, but different times (both SAS, both I'll purchase 1 month before the flight).
Later I'll check-in (online) using both tickets and thus I will have 2 boarding passes. Both of them are SAS Plus Full Flex.

In case my wife will manage to catch me up on the earliest flight, I'll need to cancel my second ticket.
Is it possible to cancel it, say, 2-3 hours before flight take off and get a full refund (except booking fee I guess)? And how long it usually takes to get a refund on my card?

Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
From my experience a regular Plus ticket (i.e. No Saver) is enough. I always got the complete amount back.

It can be that SK is checking at some point if your +1 can be on both flights and they might cancel one ticket if she can‘t be.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:28 am

What's the SK?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:32 am

On the website they described SAS Plus as "Refund of partly used tickets may be limited"
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by vaspoz
What's the SK?
SK is simply the 2-letter IATA code for the airline, i.e. SAS.

People on FlyerTalk commonly use them when discussing airlines.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Hi everyone,

I'd like to raise the topic (it seems outdated) - are those rules still applicable?
We will have a similar situation: I will book 2 tickets on the same day, but different times (both SAS, both I'll purchase 1 month before the flight).
Later I'll check-in (online) using both tickets and thus I will have 2 boarding passes. Both of them are SAS Plus Full Flex.

In case my wife will manage to catch me up on the earliest flight, I'll need to cancel my second ticket.
Is it possible to cancel it, say, 2-3 hours before flight take off and get a full refund (except booking fee I guess)? And how long it usually takes to get a refund on my card?

Thanks!
Why book two full flex tickets? Just rebook when you know you will not make it. Depending on your route, it is very unlikely to be fully booked.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:05 pm

Rebooking seems more risky than canceling one of them =\ don't you think so?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Rebooking seems more risky than canceling one of them =\ don't you think so?
I guess your worry would be that there are not two seats available on the later flight by the time you know you need to rebook.

Generally no,, I don't think that is risky. But yeah if you are looking to get on SK402 or Sk409 I might But on the far majority of routes, I would not be worried.

The latest I have cancelled a full flex Plus was about 1.5 hours before departure For a full refund..i don't know if it matters, but just wait with check in until you know if you need it.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
On the website they described SAS Plus as "Refund of partly used tickets may be limited"
In case you have a ticket for AAA - BBB - CCC and it is cheaper than AAA - BBB what would you think you get as refund if you skip BBB - CCC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.