Wiki Posts
Search

Priority baggage tags

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, FB, AY
Priority baggage tags

Does anyone know why the priority baggage handling is not working at all at CPH? It is not working perfectly at all other airports either but especially at CPH I have the impression that it is always ignored completely. Is there any official policy behind or is it the individual baggage handlers that ignores this? I often have to travel with a big suitcase that I have to check in and it feels pointless to have the priority tag when there is no priority handling.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: EBG
I haven't had any issues lately at CPH with the priority tags, but I also do not collect bags there that often. I have, however, experienced that the priority tags on my bags have been ignored recently at EWR, OSL, and KRS. Its kind of strange too, because for a few years the priority tags were very effective at getting my bags out quickly. Don't know whats happened over the past 6 months...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Copenhagen was never good, nor was the rest of Scandinavia in my experience. Don't know why. the one place where it has never failed for me is Japan. Allways in nice order... First class, the normal star priority tags and then the rest. very consistent.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
Probably related to the 'jantelov' that fosters loathing toward individualism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
HEL is pretty OK in this regard, but nothing compared so Asean hubs.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Originally Posted by Adde
Does anyone know why the priority baggage handling is not working at all at CPH? It is not working perfectly at all other airports either but especially at CPH I have the impression that it is always ignored completely. Is there any official policy behind or is it the individual baggage handlers that ignores this? I often have to travel with a big suitcase that I have to check in and it feels pointless to have the priority tag when there is no priority handling.
Its NOT only in CPH it's not working - its common!! The only place I find its ALLWAYS working is DXB....

The only time my bags have not been on the belt when I get thrue emigrations (in fast track) is the two times NOVIA in CPH forgot to load my bag, but thats just a new suiet from the insurrance ^^
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I found it pretty reliable in Canada. But to my great surprise it worked in FRA very well last Sunday. Could have been big luck though, since there is normally in the range of five bags alltogeter coming out, so chance of yours being randomly first is pretty high :P
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Originally Posted by Everest
Probably related to the 'jantelov' that fosters loathing toward individualism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante
This, can't beat the tall poppy syndrome that's alive and kicking in Scandinavia.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by KiwiRob
This, can't beat the tall poppy syndrome that's alive and kicking in Scandinavia.
I'm pretty sure that the bagage handlers don't have time for sorting the bags, neither priority first nor according to the socalled Jantelov. They just empty the carts onto the conveyer belt whatever order they come in.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Jespersm
I'm pretty sure that the bagage handlers don't have time for sorting the bags, neither priority first nor according to the socalled Jantelov. They just empty the carts onto the conveyer belt whatever order they come in.
Kind of

I pursued it with SK some years ago. It got to a point where they admitted they do not have the resource to sort and prioritise bags/containers. So last in is first out and first on the belt. IF last in is Priority then it is first on the belt, otherwise...

It usually works quite well in Asia and Oz/NZ. Scandinavia and US are horrible at this.

Ole
Old Mar 2, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
I'm sorry to repeat what I said before but priority baggage handling is not down to anything else than contract between airline and ground handling agent. If contract stipulates "priority bags first" it will be there save for usual f** ups. This is why same handling agent always placing LH priority baggage on carousel first but not SK one.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by another_shot
I'm sorry to repeat what I said before but priority baggage handling is not down to anything else than contract between airline and ground handling agent. If contract stipulates "priority bags first" it will be there save for usual f** ups. This is why same handling agent always placing LH priority baggage on carousel first but not SK one.
I have tried quite a few SGS handled carriers in CPH, and Novia handled carriers as well, I have never really experienced a stable result. Even a Lufthansa First/HON tag does not guarantee the trick to make the bag appear first from an LH flight in my experience.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Originally Posted by Jespersm
Never had a problem with priority baggage in the UK, Australia, NZ or in Asia, even Russian baggage handlers get it right.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Doesn't work at OSL either, regardless of airline or handling agent
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, FB, AY
How can it be legal to advertise "Priority baggage handling" as one of the benefits of the EBG status and then completely ignore to deliver it to the customers? If SAS has no intention to deliver it then it shouldn't be on their list. It's definitely false marketing.

As far as I can see they are living up to all the other promised benefits. But the priority baggage handling is completely ignored.

When it comes to the priority boarding, the list of benefits clearly says "where possible", but when it comes to the priority baggage handling it just says "with Star alliance carriers" and there is no exception mentioned.

For most of you guys I guess this doesn't really matter, since you are probably mostly travelling with carry-on only. But for me, who is flying in to CPH almost every week with checked in luggage, priority baggage handling would be one of the major EBG perks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.