Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

EBG access to LH/LX Senator Seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat

Hi everyone,

I´ve read in a couple of previous posts that it´s possible to get the preferred senator seats at LH/LX if you call the customerservice directly. I did, and neither LH or Swiss could get me the seats, even if I´m EBG/ST*G. Swiss referred me to call Eurobonus, but that was just wrong.

Anyone have any valid info on the matter?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ASR in the preferred seats on LH/OS/LX/SN is available to M&M SEN/HON only, *G may be accommodated at checkin, but not in advance.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Tnx for clarifying.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:31 am

I flew Swiss last August, and was told by customer service that exit row seats were reserved for Star Alliance gold members. I didn't even have to ask for it. Long-haul, economy, so might not be what you're looking for.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allofthelights
I flew Swiss last August, and was told by customer service that exit row seats were reserved for Star Alliance gold members. I didn't even have to ask for it. Long-haul, economy, so might not be what you're looking for.
These are the seats Swiss customer service said to me that only SEN/HON had access. I´m guessing that this is the official rule, but according to prior posts at FT exceptions have been made.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

You can make a quasi ASR by placing a non-binding NSST on the seat which usually is accepted when checkin opens, but will not hold if a HON/SEN specifically picks the seat for his/her booking.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can make a quasi ASR by placing a non-binding NSST on the seat which usually is accepted when checkin opens, but will not hold if a HON/SEN specifically picks the seat for his/her booking.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but could you tell me what ASR and NSST are?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
ASR - Advance Seat Reservation
NSST - No-Smoking SeaT

Yours,
google
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:27 am

ST= basic seat request
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: TK Elite *G, AF/KLM FB Elite+, A|Club Platinum, HH G
I flew AMS-FRA-NRT on LH on an economy ticket few days ago. When I booked my ticket I could not pick any seats in the front of the cabin (premium seating/preferred seating) in economy. When online check in was open at 23H, the seats infront were all open, well at least to me. So I picked the seats up in font. What I also noticed, both flights I had a seat free next to me, it seems even *G get a seat blocked next to them when I looked at expertflyer.

Anyways, hope I am talking about the right thing! If not sorry!

Last edited by davedior; Jan 2, 2013 at 9:54 am
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
LOL. I had no idea that NSSTs are supported by modern reservation platforms.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:47 am

Its a legacy thing

more here: http://ocw.e-learning.lv/IN0625/ru/L...5D.NOV2004.doc
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
These are the seats Swiss customer service said to me that only SEN/HON had access. I´m guessing that this is the official rule, but according to prior posts at FT exceptions have been made.
You cold always call again. I didn't have to flash my card or anything (rhetorically speaking), exit row was offered as the agent saw the status on my booking.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Around a year ago I booked cheapest eco to BKK on LX on their website. Called LX with my seat request. Initailly agent thought she could'nt get me an exit row seat (due to not Senator) but in the end she said the system accepted my EBG and allowed her to secure my preferred seat.

Even better: when boarding in ZRH the machine made the magic sound and issued me with bc to C :-: My only lang haul operational upgrade so far. SAS has never ever given me anything
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Earlier this year I was able to get a reserved seat in the Business cabin on Swiss on a ZRH-SFO stating that I was Star Alliance Silver, I called them and asked for it and the operator told me, that as soon my EuroBonus number was Changed from EB123456789 to EBS123456789 she was able to reserve it for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.