Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New commercial concept for Blue1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New commercial concept for Blue1

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yes, I find it very weird too. I actually like creating strong and clear brands, but moves back and forth with KF within every few weeks appear not very strategic. They look more like panic, in fact...
Old Oct 19, 2012, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Very weird move, especially after they revamped the fleet, got in a new branding and service concept. You would think if it was planned ahead all this promotion wouldn't have taken place. AYs new concept for Finncomm and their regional E190 fleet going to BE ops must have indicated SK that its OK to emasculate the KF ops. I doubt the finnish public will like that.
I think the options were shutting down Blue1 completely or return to the original business plan of Air Botnia. Given the exchange rate etc, Blue1 probably has lower production costs than mainline SAS.

The decision to revamp the fleet was based on European expansion which turned out to be financial disaster because of lack of local demand. After withdrawing from destinations outside Continental Europe, AY began a price war against KF and the end result was quite interesting. Norwegian has often been able sell flights on the same routes&flight times for higher prices than KF which is unsustainable as their occupancy rates have been around 50-60%.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thats sad... the domestic network is pretty much gone, I suppose? Now its just: feed CPH/ARN from all over Finnland?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Looks like the speculation that SK would do a Austrian to Tyrolean was true.

A bit early to tell yet but it looks like that.
I don't believe in that.

However, Blue1 will for sure be a key player in this pension debt story.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 3:11 pm

Has anyone been able to book an optiontown upgrade for Blue1 flights now changed for SK flight numbers?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Which classes "the new Blue1" is supposed to have? Blue1 Premium is supposed to be converted to Economy Extra but award bookings are possible only for business and economy... I'm a little confused...
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:01 pm

I just realized that with de-branding Blue1 we have lost the best tool for managing FF account numbers in amadeus reservations. This is much more irritating for me than the rebranding itself. Does anybody know a good alternative? (LO is OK, but not as good as KF was)
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I think the SAS Australia tool is based on the same setup as the blue1 tool used to be.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:44 pm

I check flysas.com/en/au and it appears to be the same UI as on other SK websites. Unless, I do not know how to reach the good interface. I used the functionality to find reservations made while "not being logged into the profile".
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:21 am

Go here: https://wftc3.e-travel.com/plnext/SA...PV&LANGUAGE=GB

and click on 'my trips' on the upper right corner.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
Is the Amadeus reservation number the same as the one SAS sends out in confirmation mails? If so, no luck here :\
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:17 pm

It should be, but apperently there is some problem. I am getting an error that "We are unable to find this confirmation number. Please validate your entry and try again or contact us for further information. (8104)". Also tried with an LH reservation. The same effect.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:29 am

Just saw that KF seems to be operating some domestic SE routes for SK:

Code:
DOSK6/13AUG                                                                     
* 1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO *              SK   6  167 TU 13AUG                    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL                  
ARN          0925  TU CDJZRYSBEMH/G       717         1:15                      
                      QVWUKLTOGN/G                                              
LLA 1040  TU                                                1:15                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.ARN LLA   - AIRCRAFT OWNER BLUE1                                             
 2.ARN LLA   - COCKPIT CREW BLUE1                                               
 3.ARN LLA   - CABIN CREW BLUE1                                                 
 4.ARN LLA   - OPERATED BY BLUE1                                                
 5.ARN LLA   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 4                                               
 6.ARN LLA   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    

CONFIGURATION-                                                                  
               717  M 115                                                       
>
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
It seems that they also do some domestic DK routes for SK (CPH-AAL).
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:03 am

And some ARN-OSL rotations popped up on further investigation...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.