Wiki Posts
Search

New spending chart

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:49 am
Original Poster

New spending chart

http://www.sas.no/en/us/EuroBonus/of...-improvements/

For me personally the intra-nordic increase from 12.000 to 20.000 is a big hit. However, what upsets me the most is the way this is being communicated. I expected a spending increase but why not announce it together with all the other (positive) changes?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:43 am

Will oneway-awards be bookable after the change?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by WGTN

For me personally the intra-nordic increase from 12.000 to 20.000 is a big hit. However, what upsets me the most is the way this is being communicated. I expected a spending increase but why not announce it together with all the other (positive) changes?
+1

I'm expecting this to happen since they give miles to discounted Y. However I really hate the fact that they do it so quietly. I guess they don't want people to 'react' on this. Same thing happened to Saabkortet, yesterday Mr. Nacho got a letter from SEB saying that from 1. april most bonus will be gone or decrease. I thought they might as well send the letter arrive on the 31. March.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: FB Plat, EB Gold, TK*G Elite, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge
Agree it is a major increase, especially considering that it is "only" the discounted economy earning that get a major increase.. all other sources for points (credit cards and hotels, e.g.) stay the same...

Makes me want to fly even less with SAS..
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
There have been some changes to EuroBonus lately, still for me it is most positive. By the change from 25% earning to 100%, I guess that an increase in the number of miles needed to to some/certain flight would go up to. Same thing happened with BA recently. However as a EBG, I do expect, as a minimum, to revive information about any changes made to the EuroBonus program. Good or bad...it only seems fair that they keep their premium customers updated, as a minimum. At least that's how I feel about it.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I don't mind this change, but it will be interesting to see what they do with the *A awards, as it's with current charts cheaper for instance to take a C award From Nordic to Asia with *A than with SK. I doubt that's a situation that will last for long, i.e. they will increase also the *A award prices. That I don't like, as I have been saving points for some special *A awards.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:08 am

As of May, an award ticket ARN-CPH will cost 20 000 points in Economy, same times as an award ticket e.g. ARN-CPH-WAW will be cheaper than today - it will in the future cost the same as just ARN-CPH, meaning 20 000 points. It doesn't make sense to me that ARN-CPH and ARN-CPH-WAW will cost the same.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by SK989
As of May, an award ticket ARN-CPH will cost 20 000 points in Economy, same times as an award ticket e.g. ARN-CPH-WAW will be cheaper than today - it will in the future cost the same as just ARN-CPH, meaning 20 000 points. It doesn't make sense to me that ARN-CPH and ARN-CPH-WAW will cost the same.
The same could be said about KRN-ARN and KRN-ARN-CPH today
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by WGTN
However, what upsets me the most is the way this is being communicated. I expected a spending increase but why not announce it together with all the other (positive) changes?
Just my words!

For the substans: At least they didn't raise the upgrade-price.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by harlekin
The same could be said about KRN-ARN and KRN-ARN-CPH today
That is true of course. Still, I think intra-Scand flights should be cheaper than flights between Scandinavia and Poland or Germany.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:35 pm

As a whole, these changes are good for budget travellers in low economy, but for one travelling mainly on full fare it kind of sucks.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
As a whole, these changes are good for budget travellers in low economy, but for one travelling mainly on full fare it kind of sucks.
It also sort of stinks for those who earn a lot of SK points from non-flight activity.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
Does anybody know what the rates for Y and C will be compared to M?

I'm almost feeling that this was a negative change even as a whole (taking into account the new earnings), major devaluation of existing miles and premium fares.

Also I think they should have at least included direct international intra-Scandinavian (or Nordic) flights into the new domestic rate, 20K may be ok for a connecting trip to Longyearbyen but very steep for a ARN-CPH/CPH-OSL/OSL-ARN/ARN-HEL/CPH-HEL etc.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by mkgrip
Does anybody know what the rates for Y and C will be compared to M?

I'm almost feeling that this was a negative change even as a whole (taking into account the new earnings), major devaluation of existing miles and premium fares.

Also I think they should have at least included direct international intra-Scandinavian (or Nordic) flights into the new domestic rate, 20K may be ok for a connecting trip to Longyearbyen but very steep for a ARN-CPH/CPH-OSL/OSL-ARN/ARN-HEL/CPH-HEL etc.
Here's the complete price list (from http://www.sas.se/sv/EuroBonus/offer...mprovements/):

-------------------------------------------

Points price in Economy / Economy Extra /Business:

Domestic Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Norway: 10000 / 15000 / -

International to/from Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Germany, Poland: 20000 / 25000 / 30000

International to/from Central Europe 30000 / 40000 / 50000

International to/from Croatia, France (Nice), Kosovo, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Turkey: 40000 / 50000 / 60000

International to/from USA: 60000 / 80000 / 100000

International to/from Asia: 80000 / 110000 / 140000

-------------------------------------------

For me (flying from ARN and to destinations outside Scandinavia) there are no changes in what I pay for redemption, while earnings in the 25%-classes has been increased to 100% and it has become easier to become EBG. So HUGE improvement for my part But I guess the picture isn't quite as pretty for those who fly awards between Scandinavian countries, or from CPH...
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: SK-EBD/*A Gold, BA Gold/OW Emerald, HH Gold, ChoiceHotels Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Plat,
Thumbs down Bad SAS, bad SAS

Some improvement - a 66% increase in the points price - on points that we've earned very few of for discounted tickets! And it bugs me that this is marketed as an improvement.
SAS - a lying flier!

For us it means that we'll stop thinking about earning EB-points for the route we normally book with points; osl-arn-osd. Very cheap flights are available on Norwegian.no osl-trd, and the train service from trd towards Sundsvall is excellent.

Last edited by travellers4fun; Apr 22, 2012 at 1:33 pm Reason: Orthography

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.