Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Blue1 Premium points decrease to 150 %

Old Dec 15, 11, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, OWE, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat

Just got an e-mail from Blue1 where it states "Premium-matkoista ansaitset jatkossa 150 % EuroBonus-pisteet" - 150 % EB-points from KF's Premium-tickets in the future, changing from 200 %.

Really disappointed with this as most of my domestic/Nordic work flights are done in Premium class...
Old Dec 15, 11, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
How this would affect tix, that were bought as business class but actually flown in KF premium eco?
Old Dec 15, 11, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, OWE, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
How this would affect tix, that were bought as business class but actually flown in KF premium eco?
Excellent question... Who knows? I guess we have to wait for more info from Blue1.
Old Dec 15, 11, 6:24 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
Good news is that the redemption rates change back too, Blue1 Premium redemption rates will now be the same rate as SAS Y instead of SAS C (eg. 16 000 within the Nordics), which IMO makes more sense. Although I guess that also means no more lounge access within the Nordics on those awards without *G.

On business tickets I'd bet that they still earn 200% just like they do on SAS flights that only have M and Y.
Old Dec 15, 11, 11:54 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I find this change quite logical. Despite what KF marketing says, Premium = Econ Extra. And I especially like that the redemption rates go back to Econ Extra.

But then again, I'm just jealous as my flights nowadays maybe 5% are in Premium or Econ Extra No sympathies from me for people flying premium cabins
Old Dec 16, 11, 4:24 pm

As i understand it, these changes will be effective 01.01.2012. Luckily i have a couple of premium flights before then

I've been waiting for the lower redemption level for quite sometime, to me it's more logical this way since it's not a C product, it's a Y+. We should see some updated earning charts from EB soon. My guess is, if you fly on KF flight with a connecting leg in SK C, you will get 200% points.
Old Dec 17, 11, 10:44 am

I don't understand this "It's ok" talk. I don't know if EB-members are getting used to be pushed around and in my point of view this is one more devaluation from KF. There is no other reason for *A G to fly those short hops in "premium" in intra-skandinavia than more miles.
Old Dec 17, 11, 2:53 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Originally Posted by joorinainen View Post
I don't understand this "It's ok" talk. I don't know if EB-members are getting used to be pushed around and in my point of view this is one more devaluation from KF. There is no other reason for *A G to fly those short hops in "premium" in intra-skandinavia than more miles.
I guess most of premium regulars flying premium because of flex tickets and last minute ticketing. At least this is the reason for me. You have to be crazy to pay 100%+ on top of cheap eco just to get more miles which are useless anyway together with EB in a whole except for *A lounge access.
Old Dec 17, 11, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by another_shot View Post
I guess most of premium regulars flying premium because of flex tickets and last minute ticketing. At least this is the reason for me. You have to be crazy to pay 100%+ on top of cheap eco just to get more miles which are useless anyway together with EB in a whole except for *A lounge access.
I forgot the flexibility, thanks for reminding.
Old Dec 18, 11, 4:13 am

If you redeem more than fly on paid tickets in KF Premium this is actually a change for the better.

Of course if you are qualifying for EBG by miles, have a hard time making it and fly KF Premium a lot this is bad news.

But the point was why would the people who are not affected or even benefit from the change not be ok?
And also, while of course everybody would like to have as much points as possible from every kind of flights, I think what people have been saying here is that this is more or less in line with the general SAS policy, as KF Premium as a product is closer to SAS Y than SAS C.
Originally Posted by another_shot
Well, that is if you are buying a regular fare ticket, but if we consider optiontown, the extra miles can be a considerable factor, especially if there is a point booster campaign or something similar going on.

At best it has been 25 for almost 3000 additional extra points and over a 1000 extra basic points, which I think is a decent deal, considering you get at least a little bit nicer flight as a bonus.
Old Dec 18, 11, 9:23 am

Programs: SK EBg/baEC G/MR P/A3 *G/CC G/HH D/IHG Spire
One more reason not to fly KF in Premium, for me the points was the only reason, but for others it may be good? I wonder though why the change was done, one would think it would be better for KF to make premium MORE attractive not LESS?
Old Dec 18, 11, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
One more reason not to fly KF in Premium, for me the points was the only reason, but for others it may be good? I wonder though why the change was done, one would think it would be better for KF to make premium MORE attractive not LESS?
Im on the same boat as you are! Interesting to see if other *A FFP's will lower their accrual rate.
Old Dec 18, 11, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Im on the same boat as you are! Interesting to see if other *A FFP's will lower their accrual rate.
AFAIK KF Premium Eco has been 100% earning so probably no change.

EDIT: I just looked up the Miles & More earning chart for KF

Booking classes for int'l flights

GKLOTUW: 125 miles
EHMQV: 750 miles
BSY: 1250 miles
CDJZ: 2000 miles

(also worth noting, that "V" class is low-eco for EB earning)

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Dec 19, 11 at 3:30 am
Old Dec 18, 11, 4:03 pm

This change (or reversion to how it used to be) affects booking classes only, not service class. If you travel on a Business bucket (Z, D, J, C, A) you will still earn 200% points.
KF has for some time had this weird exception where Premium Economy buckets (B, S, Y) have earned 200% instead of 150%.
As redemption rates also goes back to "normal" I guess we can not say much about this harmonization with the rest of the SAS group.
Old Dec 19, 11, 10:40 am

And as typical, the IT department doesn't have this one figured out yet, the Blue1 booking engine still says you get 200% points on Premium even though it books you into B that only earns 150%. That is in the Swedish and Finnish versions, in the English version it just prompts me to log in (in Finnish) when I click info on the fare type.

Maybe they actually get that fixed by say... July?
Hate it when you just can't trust the info on KF or SK sites.

Last edited by mkgrip; Dec 19, 11 at 10:47 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: