Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Goldrush: Upgrade to Eurobonus Gold in two trips *Expired*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold

SAS is launching a campaign soon but I got a heads-up today. If you're one of the first 100 to complete two return trips between ARN-GOT or ARN-MMX (this is a Swedish campaign) with a Flex or Full Flex ticket between 12th January and 12 February you get Eurobonus Gold.

This offer is valid for current EBS members OR members of rival airlines with Gold membership with frequent travel between ARN-GOT or ARN-MMX.

Here's the campaign (in Swedish): http://www.sas.se/goldrush

Originally Posted by Google Translate
You are a silver member of SAS EuroBonus and has a frequent travel between Stockholm and Gothenburg and Malmo. How to do that is SAS EuroBonus Silver member to join the brawl to reach gold status, extra fast:

Register your EuroBonus number here before January 12, 2012 and was among the first 100 who complete two round & round trips between Stockholm and Gothenburg and Malmo with Flex or Full Flex ticket during the period 12 January to 12 February 2012th

You as a member of the corresponding loyalty program with another travel company and have equivalent SAS EuroBonus Gold Card from this travel company and a frequent traveling between Stockholm, Gothenburg or Malmö. Here's how to join the brawl to reach gold status, extra fast:

a. Submit a photo of your correspondence to SAS EuroBonus Gold Card to stonz.internet @ sas.se and the name, street address, zip code, country, phone number, email address and date of birth (DD-MMM-YYYY eg 19661025)

b. Be a member of SAS EuroBonus and register your EuroBonus membership number here before January 12, 2012 and was among the first 100 who complete two Round trip flights between Stockholm and Gothenburg and Malmo with Flex or Full Flex ticket during the period 12 January - 12 February 2012.

Gold Rush begins now. The 100 fastest, satisfying the requirements will receive their Gold Card at the end of February. If you have not been told when you have the continued opportunity to reach Gold Card by continuing frequent travelers with SAS. A warm welcome back on board.

Best regards
EuroBonus

PS. Do you have friends who are gold card or equivalent with another travel company than SAS? Offer applies them too. Tell your friends about the offer on sas.se / Gold Rush
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Were you told anything else besides the heads up?

I am wondering about how they will handle the membership year. The site only says that "you will get your card by end of february". Do you think they will issue a new card with a new membership year, or will they keep the existing year for the EBS member?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M Silver, BA Gold
And how will they check that the people taking part who have status with rival airlines really did have frequent travel between ARN-GOT or ARN-MMX.

Old Dec 10, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Just starting to look into this, I am seeing 615€ for 2 returns (flex) for MMX-ARN on Jan 12th. Start at 6:30 and finish at 12:40 with 2 direct turns.

Last edited by livious; Dec 10, 2011 at 8:53 am
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by the_horvaths
Just starting to look into this, I am seeing 615€ for 2 returns (flex) for MMX-ARN on Jan 12th. Start at 6:30 and finish at 12:40 with 2 direct turns.
This is a quite good price for getting EBG for a year and only spending a very short day doing it.

/HerrO
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by the_horvaths
Is it possible for it to be completed any faster than that? Unless there are 100 people doing so on the morning of January 12th, sounds like a very good chance of getting EBG on the cheap.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:17 am
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is it possible for it to be completed any faster than that? Unless there are 100 people doing so on the morning of January 12th, sounds like a very good chance of getting EBG on the cheap.
Flight turnaround times are 25 minutes so sas webpage wont let you book a direct turnaround as it violates MCT (I just tried )
Could be done by booking one-ways though. First flight to GOT is 07.00 so it will be hard to qualify in under 5-6 hours.

To be safe, I think one would have to do this on the 12th. Would suck to spend about 5400 SEK and nog getting the EBG card. But I would like a confirmation that it is treated as a normal qualification first (ie you get EBG for the next membership year as well).
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:41 pm

Here we go

I could not help it. The past two qualifying rounds to get Gold I ended up with some 53k and 58k, respectively. This round looks like something similar so I just booked on the 12th of January:

ARN-GOT 0700-0800 SK2153
GOT-ARN 0935-1035 SK142
ARN-MMX 1130-1240 SK2107
MMX-ARN 1610-1715 SK2112

If lucky and the gate agent agree I might have a chance to get on the same plane back, i.e. 0825 GOT—ARN. Experiences anyone?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by freeman300
I could not help it. The past two qualifying rounds to get Gold I ended up with some 53k and 58k, respectively. This round looks like something similar so I just booked on the 12th of January:

ARN-GOT 0700-0800 SK2153
GOT-ARN 0935-1035 SK142
ARN-MMX 1130-1240 SK2107
MMX-ARN 1610-1715 SK2112

If lucky and the gate agent agree I might have a chance to get on the same plane back, i.e. 0825 GOT—ARN. Experiences anyone?
Check-in online and PYOB or do mobile phone check-in the evening prior. If you have a boarding pass, you are going to be in a much better situation.

No checked luggage and a more forward seat selection would be advisable.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: SK*G, Club Carlson Gold, A-Club Platinum

ARN-GOT 0700-0800 SK2153
GOT-ARN 0935-1035 SK142
ARN-MMX 1130-1240 SK2107
MMX-ARN 1610-1715 SK2112

I've done such a roundtrip, but GOT-ARN-GOT. I never left the transit area. Not sure if it was the same plane heading back though. In GOT, when you exit the gate, simply go straight to the queue at the gate. They can't board before the plane is empty anyway.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:54 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
The problem is that turn around time is shorter that the minimum connecting time, and since you need to book a round trip, the departure from the destination should be "MCT" minutes later than arrival of the outbound flight.
A way to get around that is to book 2 nested itineraries, ARN GOT ARN (with a few hours in GOT) and in between GOT ARN GOT where time in GOT can then be 25 minutes or so. That should be the fastest way to do the run. However, since tickets are supposed to be flex, if flights are not full, it should be possible to standby on an earlier flight, but not sure this will count as SK will use the reservation as being the official time of arrival of the run.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by ranskis
The problem is that turn around time is shorter that the minimum connecting time, and since you need to book a round trip, the departure from the destination should be "MCT" minutes later than arrival of the outbound flight.
A way to get around that is to book 2 nested itineraries, ARN GOT ARN (with a few hours in GOT) and in between GOT ARN GOT where time in GOT can then be 25 minutes or so. That should be the fastest way to do the run. However, since tickets are supposed to be flex, if flights are not full, it should be possible to standby on an earlier flight, but not sure this will count as SK will use the reservation as being the official time of arrival of the run.
Where is it stated the official time comes from the reservation?
I will ask the gate agent at GOT, if seats are available, to enter my EB number, then the SK flight at 0825 should appear in my EB statement.
Does not the rules state "flights" or was it "reservations"?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: EBG, Scandic Top Floor, Choice Club Gold, HHonors Silver

ARN-GOT 0700-0800 SK2153
GOT-ARN 0935-1035 SK142
ARN-MMX 1130-1240 SK2107
MMX-ARN 1610-1715 SK2112

I would have booked with the return flight at 08:25 since it is the same plane going in. And they have to empty the plane before getting people on board.
I did two segment runs a few weeks back, to get EBG status and there was no issue with a quick-return whatsoever.
Check in online, use your EB card as identification. In GOT you are able to book with 25 min connection, no issues at all. GOT is the perfect place for a segment run or a quick-return trip as you have about 10 seconds from the exit from the plane to the re-entering. (As long as you avoid the nice girls in the transit area who try to get you on the AMEX combined card)

Worse in UME, SVL, or the other smaller airports in Sweden where you actually need to exit and re-enter through security.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by clipper27
I would have booked with the return flight at 08:25 since it is the same plane going in. And they have to empty the plane before getting people on board.
I did two segment runs a few weeks back, to get EBG status and there was no issue with a quick-return whatsoever.
Check in online, use your EB card as identification. In GOT you are able to book with 25 min connection, no issues at all. GOT is the perfect place for a segment run or a quick-return trip as you have about 10 seconds from the exit from the plane to the re-entering.
Officially, the minimum connecting time in GOT is 30 minutes for a domestic-to-domestic connection. So you will not be able to book and ticket automatically an ARN GOT ARN with 25 minutes in GOT.

Here is the message you get on sas.se when selecting the flights you advise:

Code:
Avgångstid för valt flyg är bara 25 minuter efter ankomsttid av föregående flyg. Minsta anslutningstid är 30 minuter. Välj ett annat flyg och försök igen. (11110 - 2300)
Minimum connecting time in MMX is also 30 minutes, minimum connecting time in ARN for domestic-domestic is 20 minutes.

Here, it is not a segment run for which you could buy 2 separate one ways and be fine, you need to buy a return trip as far as I have understood.

The optimised ways to get the gold rush should be:

GOT ARN GOT ARN GOT
0625 0730
0810 0910
0935 1035
1125 1225
r/t = 1+2 and 3+4

MMX ARN MMX ARN MMX
0630 0745
0810 0920
0945 1050
1130 1240
r/t= 1+2 and 3+4

ARN GOT ARN GOT ARN
0700 0800
0825 0925
1125 1225
1250 1350
r/t: 1+4 and 2+3

I guess flex tickets can be cancelled so you should book the ARN GOT ARN GOT ARN above nesting the GOT ARN GOT in the middle of the ARN GOT ARN, hoping not too many will have booked from GOT or MMX! And obviously no checked luggage at any time
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Has anyone gotten a concrete answer on how long the gold card is valid for? Is it until the end of my member year (August in my case) or will it be until the end of following memebership year (Aug 2013)? I tried chatting through their website and was told to call Eurobonus as they had no information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.