Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Earning when using LX codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:20 am
Original Poster

I seem to recall from previous, that you would NOT earn eurobonus points if booked on a LX codeshare number, i.e. flying SAS metal to ZRH but on the LX flight number.

Is that rule still in effect? It is no longer listed on the SAS website.

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:26 pm

I think that should earn points just fine, I've flown several segments SK metal on LX flight numbers ARN-ZRH which qualfies as SK flights in EB.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by view
I think that should earn points just fine, I've flown several segments SK metal on LX flight numbers ARN-ZRH which qualfies as SK flights in EB.
Was just about to post the same question. Do you also earn the extra % for EBS and EBG when on a LX itinerary (LX flight number) but flying SK metal?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:03 am

Yes, because in Star Alliance it's the metal flown that counts, so you get all EB benefits such as bonus and qualifying SK flight. I even received double status points when there was a campaign for this once.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by view
Yes, because in Star Alliance it's the metal flown that counts, so you get all EB benefits such as bonus and qualifying SK flight. I even received double status points when there was a campaign for this once.
Thai is great news considering that LX usually is a lot cheeper than SK in business class on the same flights ^
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Any idea how codeshare LX "E" booking class translates into KF/SK (HEL-ZRH LX 4793)? Low eco or eco?

EDIT - LX "E" is SK "T", low eco as posted on the account

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Dec 11, 2011 at 3:24 am
Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Does anyone have experience or knowledge of what an SK A (Plus) fare translates to for intra-european flights operated by LX?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by clifford79
Does anyone have experience or knowledge of what an SK A (Plus) fare translates to for intra-european flights operated by LX?
That depends on the booking class. I would think booking full flex plus would give you a business seat, while normal plus could mean standard economy.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by clifford79
A means business class on LX
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:38 am

SK A doesn't necessarily map to LX A. I would bet on a seat behind the curtain and with 100% mile crediting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.