Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

10kg Extra Silver benefit gone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Got my new Diners the other day and I briefly looked through the little info about benefits. I have been Silver for many years now and the best is to accually be able to checkin 10kg Extra, perfekt for the domestic connection ARN-OSD or ARN-UME on your way home from a far a way place. It is gone now?

From the website somewhere in June 2010:
•You earn an additional 15% Basic points on top of the regular points, regardless of seat on all SAS Group flights
• You have priority on waiting lists
• SAS Hot Line 24-hour service at +45 32 32 68 00
• You can use Business check-in, regardless of fare on SAS, Blue1, Estonian Air and Wideroe
• You can bring one piece extra or 10kg extra checked baggage on SAS, Blue1, Estonian Air and Wideroe operated flights (except to/from US/Latin America)
• Priority on standby at airport/seat reservations on Star Alliance carriers
• Book awards through Member Service - no booking fee
• Discounts on rental cars from Avis, Hertz and Sixt
• Privileges and benefits at various hotel partners
• Co-branded Diners Club or MasterCard that earn you EuroBonus points on most purchases and its always free of charge the first year
• Seasons - Magazine for Silver members in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, published four times a year

vs copy paste from the sas homepage today:

• You earn an additional 15% Basic points on top of the regular points, regardless of seat on all SAS Group flights
• You have priority on waiting lists
• SAS Hot Line 24-hour service at +45 32 32 68 00
• You can use Business check-in, regardless of fare on SAS, Blue1, Estonian Air and Wideroe
Silver members can bring one (1) extra luggage without charge on SAS, Blue1, Estonian Air and Wideroe.
• Priority on standby at airport/seat reservations on Star Alliance carriers
• Book awards through Member Service - no booking fee
• Discounts on rental cars from Avis, Hertz and Sixt
• Privileges and benefits at various hotel partners
• Combine your EuroBonus card with Diners Club or MasterCard, earn Extra points on most purchases and its always free of charge the first year (available in Nordic countries only), American Express is available in Norway & Sweden
• Seasons - Magazine for Silver members in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, published four times a year
Old Sep 4, 2011, 8:11 am

eh, even if you don't I'm sure that most people see being able to bring 2x23=46kg as a better benefit than 20+10=30kg
Old Sep 4, 2011, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
eh, even if you don't I'm sure that most people see being able to bring 2x23=46kg as a better benefit than 20+10=30kg
Clearly it's much better!! It's been in place since October 2010 so it's been a while...
Old Sep 4, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
It's not the benefits that have changed, but the baggage rules.
Before they had weight concept on some routes and piece concept in others. You would get +10kg in weight concept and +1PC in piece concept.

Now everything is piece concept, so technically you still get the same benefits, it just that with no weight concept there's nothing to apply the +10kg to. You still get +10kg on weight concept on SK routes just like you get free flights every February 30th :P
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:30 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
So if I'm on a C tkt I get 2 x 32 kg as Silver ?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Wilbur12
So if I'm on a C tkt I get 2 x 32 kg as Silver ?
No, you get 3x32kg, 2x32kg is the regular C allowance and as a Silver you get one extra piece.
In Y you get 3x23kg and in M 2x32kg.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by mkgrip
No, you get 3x32kg, 2x32kg is the regular C allowance and as a Silver you get one extra piece.
Thanks. Quite a generous allowance compared to the old weight concept
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mkgrip
M is 2x23 kg, not 2x32kg
Old Sep 8, 2011, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by jefi99
M is 2x23 kg, not 2x32kg
True, my mistake in typing. Sorry about that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.