Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Media: SAS denounces Spanair codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD

SAS will by year end terminate the code share agreement with its former subsidiary Spanair on the CPH-BCN route according to Danish travel media Take Off.

According to Take Off, SAS has not given any formal reason, but the news site learns, that it is due to the fact that “SAS is simple unhappy with Spanair’s standard in terms of punctuality, service and general customer relations.”

The author speculates that SAS will increase the frequency with its own aircraft on the CPH-BCN-route, which is only operated three times weekly at present.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
According to Take Off, SAS has not given any formal reason, but the news site learns, that it is due to the fact that “SAS is simple unhappy with Spanair’s standard in terms of punctuality, service and general customer relations.
After flying Spanair last year I can only agree, must be the worst airline in Star Alliance
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Someone83
After flying Spanair last year I can only agree, must be the worst airline in Star Alliance
If SAS of all carriers think Spanair are not good enough...

I am sure it's something to do with the former relationship between the two though.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
If SAS of all carriers think Spanair are not good enough...

I am sure it's something to do with the former relationship between the two though.
SAS brands itself on punctuality. Spanair is one of the least punctual airlines I've tried, so I suppose they don't want Spanair ruining their reputation by putting their codeshare on it.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:50 am

I guess I must have been very lucky with my +10 Spanair trips during the years, but so far I will choose Spanair before SAS every day.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by gdaily
I guess I must have been very lucky with my +10 Spanair trips during the years, but so far I will choose Spanair before SAS every day.
also like spanair, cheap biz (comfort option) is really nice.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:23 am

Interesting. I want to transfer 900 points from Spanair to SAS.

I don't try to fly the same airline all the time but I often end up on TAM who I like (not the best but the shortcomings I don't mind too much). I wonder if I should signup with TAM and transfer both Spanair and SAS points across to TAM.

I can't see how to transfer out the Spanair points on the Spanair website. That said, my Spanish isn't great so it's hard to search.

-j
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by jago25_98
Interesting. I want to transfer 900 points from Spanair to SAS.

I don't try to fly the same airline all the time but I often end up on TAM who I like (not the best but the shortcomings I don't mind too much). I wonder if I should signup with TAM and transfer both Spanair and SAS points across to TAM.

I can't see how to transfer out the Spanair points on the Spanair website. That said, my Spanish isn't great so it's hard to search.

-j
You cannot transfer miles from Spanair to SAS Eurobonus.

I think you should stick to one program (per alliance). Aegean and Asiana are considered to be the two easiest programs to obtain gold status with, within Star Alliance. But do check earnings with TAM.
TAM Fidelidade is a horrible for several reasons. Miles expire after 2 years, not the easiest to obtain status with, and poor recognition. The LATAM merger might change things (including alliance).
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:43 pm

hmm...

to be honest I'm a bit new to all this. I never seem to fly enough to get anything of value. I have about 8000 miles on SAS and no idea what to do with them. I joined SAS because that's what work were sending me via and then they started using KLM, Spanair and FlyBE.

I actually prefer the FlyBe rewards program(!) because with this I can actually get something useful.

Lounges are nice but I find in order to get this I would have to fly the same airline all the time and that would in turn mean much higher tickets... which is more expensive than just buying access.

Thanks for the info, I will check out Asiana and think about switching points to them even though I will probably never fly them (my common routes are Norway and South America, never Asia).

I see a lot of discussion on points here but to be honest I don't fully get it. What I need is some sort of introduction, like what am I missing, is it worth it and what prices should I be expecting where and when.

Even after 6 flights EU-SouthAmerica I still find it a game. For example I was about to book a flight yesterday and the price shot up on a flight scraper from £600 to £1600. Now knowing better I called the original airline and booked direct on the original day I requested, tweaking the return date from the call centres recommendations. This kind of thing I need to learn with points.

What can I do with 8000 points other than have them expire? And for that matter, what can I do with this piddly little 900 points from Spanair?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
What can I do with 8000 points other than have them expire? And for that matter, what can I do with this piddly little 900 points from Spanair?
Your 8000 EuroBonus points don't have to expire. You can buy all kinds of gadgets and stuff. Check out this website: http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/Spend-points/

Also, with 10000 points you can get a hotel night, and with 12000 you can get an intra-scandinavian flight. With 10000, you can also upgrade your seat to economy plus on a SAS intercontinental flight.

Lounges are nice but I find in order to get this I would have to fly the same airline all the time
No, you would need to fly with the same alliance - not the same airline.
Star Alliance, e.g., has more than 20 member airlines: Spanair, TAM, SAS, Lufthansa, Swiss, United and Singapore to mention a few.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:02 am

hmm...

to be honest I'm a bit new to all this. I never seem to fly enough to get anything of value. I have about 8000 miles on SAS and no idea what to do with them. I joined SAS because that's what work were sending me via and then they started using KLM, Spanair and FlyBE.

I actually prefer the FlyBe rewards program(!) because with this I can actually get something useful.

Lounges are nice but I find in order to get this I would have to fly the same airline all the time and that would in turn mean much higher tickets... which is more expensive than just buying access.

Thanks for the info, I will check out Asiana and think about switching points to them even though I will probably never fly them (my common routes are Norway and South America, never Asia).

I see a lot of discussion on points here but to be honest I don't fully get it. What I need is some sort of introduction, like what am I missing, is it worth it and what prices should I be expecting where and when.

Even after 6 flights EU-SouthAmerica I still find it a game. For example I was about to book a flight yesterday and the price shot up on a flight scraper from £600 to £1600. Now knowing better I called the original airline and booked direct on the original day I requested, tweaking the return date from the call centres recommendations. This kind of thing I need to learn with points.

Hi,

7200 points will give you a one-way flight between Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland or the Baltic states. IMO, Svalbard delivers the best value per point
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by harlekin
Hi,

7200 points will give you a one-way flight between Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland or the Baltic states. IMO, Svalbard delivers the best value per point
Oh, and right now 6000 points will actually get you a round-trip from Oslo, Stockholm or Copenhagen to Tallinn, Tartu or Vilnius (with Estonian Air) or between Copenhagen and Finland (with Blue1): http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/o...oint-bargains/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.