Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Diamond, SAS Lifetime Gold
New Point "Bargains"

http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/E...oint-bargains/

Blue 1 offer 50% discount.
SAS & Estonian offer 20% discount.

Why this change of discounting on SAS flights?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 2:20 pm

A 20% discount is hardly a bargain.

Stockholm-Gothenburg is available for 100 SEK r/t on DY in their introductory offer. Far better than spending 9600 points plus paying 28 EUR in taxes on SK.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
periods are nice though, book and travel immediately or 1 month ahead, this combines all wishes from previous thread - well done SAS.

20 % a joke though :-(
Typically I would choose biz on the bargains, but now why to expensive.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:37 am

This is not entirely correct, I see the 50% offers from last month are still running alongside the updated 20% offers.

These are the Norwegian awards:
http://www.sas.no/no/EuroBonus/EuroB...a-bonusreisen/
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: EB*G
OK, so SAS have been listening to survey results and come to understand that the big discount is not the most important factor when using points. A mistake in my eyes. The 50% point bargains was the single best feature of the EB-program - now it seems to be gone?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by caravaca
OK, so SAS have been listening to survey results and come to understand that the big discount is not the most important factor when using points. A mistake in my eyes. The 50% point bargains was the single best feature of the EB-program - now it seems to be gone?
I like the LH deal where you get 50% off award flights booked very near departure... the sas ones are a slap in the face especially for finns when ONLY blue1 destinations are offered and those are few
Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
Originally Posted by kauppias
the sas ones are a slap in the face especially for finns when ONLY blue1 destinations are offered and those are few
I'd take -50% on a few destinations much rather than -20% on a few more.

If anything Finns are pampered at the moment with the better discount percent and the recent -50% on everything KF offer, that was from Finland only.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
I strange decision by SAS. 20% off is just a waste of points when you consider the already high award prices.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by caravaca
The 50% point bargains was the single best feature of the EB-program - now it seems to be gone?
For me the best feature was Radisson Blu weekend hotels rooms for 10,000 points. After that it was the 50% point bargains. Now they are both gone. Maybe I'm next!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:13 am

Programs: SK *S, IC Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by Amexpat
(...)Maybe I'm next!
Guess I timed my exit from EB perfectly (basic points earned within the last six months: 520). The 50 % deals were one of the few good perks.

Cheers
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:13 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
ARN-CPH 20% point discount

When making a booking today on sas.se I noted that there currently is a 20% discount also on ARN-CPH. At least I haven't seen it mentioned on the campaign site. Seems to be valid same period as the other 20% offers until April 18th.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by ebra
Guess I timed my exit from EB perfectly (basic points earned within the last six months: 520). The 50 % deals were one of the few good perks. Cheers
They are still around. And still without YQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.