Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ideas for 6 hours in vienna

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Ideas for 6 hours in vienna

I have 6 hour in Vienna airport the 26th of December and it is my first time there, in recent years. Does anybody have an Idea about what to do? (Don`t mint leaving the airport)
Which is the best *gold lounge?

Kris
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: CO NW DL AA SPG Hyatt
Longes at Vienna are nothing special, just your average european lounge with limited snacks and drinks.

depending on the whether and time of day of course, 6 hrs is plenty of time to head to town, check out the opera house and walk around the pedestrian plaza with namy shops and cafes, perhaps try the vienna Sachr torte at the Sachr hotel cafe in the same area. if i remember correctly, airport to town is 30 minutes and 30 euros by taxi
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Naah, I have to disagree a bit. I spent two hours last summer in Vienna in the OS Senator lounge. The lounge itself isn't anything special, but I found the food to be quite good. Maybe I was lucky, but then there was delicous ravioli, nice chocolate mousse, and the drinks selection was quite good too. Maybe not enough to amuse you for 6 hours, but certainly worth a visit in my opinion.

With that said, there is a train service to downtown Vienna and with 6 hours I certainly would go to the city. The airport itself isn't anything special. Bare in mind, though, that Vienna airport has security checks at every gate so you should reserve some time for that as well.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the input yauponaustin and niksal!! and Merry Christmas to the both of you! Kris
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:44 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
free internet in airport though, which is very nice.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:36 am

Programs: M&M FTL, SK EBG
I'd highly recommend going downtown, too. You might still have enough time to taste the lounge food upon your return.

The ordinary train (S-Bahn) takes you to the city in 25min for not even 4€ o/w, the City Airport Train (CAT) in 15min for about 9 or 10€ o/w. Both ways, you end up at Wien Mitte/Landstraße station.

From there consider walking to Stubentor (5min) and visit Café Prückel, which is a traditional coffee house very conveniently located if you come from the airport. And you're very close to all main downtown attractions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.