Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Disappointing flight with SK today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointing flight with SK today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Unhappy Disappointing flight with SK today

Flew SK 1870 CPH-SVG in B (which doesn't happen very often) this morning. Connected from a flight from Helsinki where I had a seat on row 1, which was very nice. Had OLCI for seat 2A for SK 1870. I got to the gate, and got a new seat 17A! I looked amazed at the gate agent, how can I be moved from second row of Y+ to last row, just like that. The explanation was that a big group had bought "the front of the plane" the night before. There was a curtain between rows 3 and 4, but since no middle seats were blocked and the service seems to be the same, I would assume there wasn't a C section on this flight.

So now I got my food last, got out from the plane last of Y+ passengers, got last to the taxi line etc. Not a huge deal on such a short flight, but I still felt very disappointed. Am I being just silly or am I allowed to be disappointed?

Niksal
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:43 pm

Seat do get changed. Seat selection isnīt much more than a request.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by niksal
Am I being just silly or am I allowed to be disappointed?
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Yes, yes. Silly or not, I would also be a little disappointed if it was me.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
I would also have been dissapointed. Sure it is a request, but still Iīd be dissapointed if beeing moved 15 rows back...
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: SK*G, SF Bioklubben Guldmedlem :-)
That happened to me a couple of times doing OSL-ARN in C. Got fed up and sent a mail to SK Customer Services (something I never usually do) and like a week later I had a 500SEK coupon (good for travel or in flight) in the mail as compensation.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Yes you can request a seat, and most of the time the airline also confirm it. Then it is a confirmed request, which should not be changed just because "some other" pax wanted to have just that single seat. IMO not correct treatment of a customer. The OP should contact EB for compensation.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Originally Posted by abacklund
That happened to me a couple of times doing OSL-ARN in C.
It happened with me between OSL and CPH some weeks ago as well. However, I had only selected the seats before at sas.se and then used the fast check-in.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
Originally Posted by A380*G
Yes you can request a seat, and most of the time the airline also confirm it. Then it is a confirmed request, which should not be changed just because "some other" pax wanted to have just that single seat. IMO not correct treatment of a customer. The OP should contact EB for compensation.
*Customers are reminded that for operational reasons [insert airline here] may not be able to provide the seat requested.

Moving a *G - an SK*G especially - 15 rows back is rather poor form though.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:20 am

Programs: EBP
Hey guy's it's cph we are talking about here. The pax that's got your seat where provably family or staff at SK
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Extremely poor show by SAS as the OP is EBG.

The explanation was that a big group had bought "the front of the plane" the night before
just shows how incompetent SAS really is and how much they take care of their FF.

I'm with you all the way on this one ^

Send a letter and complain!!!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Echo J
*Customers are reminded that for operational reasons [insert airline here] may not be able to provide the seat requested........
I think the main point of this is not that the seat requested at ASR was changed but that the OP was travelling in Economy Extra (B class) and therefore would expect to be seated in that section of the plane and not in regular economy (and yes I do realise that the seats are the same on intra-Eu trips but itīs the principle involved).

If SK decides to move a passenger from C to M on a IC trip for operational reasons itīs fully within their right. But as a paying customer I would be fully justified to be disappointed.

Svantevit
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
Was the OP actually downgraded to regular econ, or simply moved to the last row of Y+? Row 17 sounds like an awfully large Y+ section...

If it was a downgrade, then an 261/2004 compensation claim should be in order.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Originally Posted by Echo J
Was the OP actually downgraded to regular econ, or simply moved to the last row of Y+? Row 17 sounds like an awfully large Y+ section...

If it was a downgrade, then an 261/2004 compensation claim should be in order.
Sounds like OP was moved to last Y+ row, not to M. SVG is often packed with C/Y+ pax, I've witnessed Y+ extended to row 14...15 (CRJ900) quite many times. It is always a disappointment to seat anywhere further than row 5 or 6, as seatpitch is reduced after row 6 (I think it is after 6).
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: SK*B, M&M
Did you fly a MD80? If last minute aircraft change, some MDs donīt
have seats 1AC,2AC.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 8:46 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Not acceptable

Nah, I would not accept being moved like this, especially as an EBG. It is not supposed to happen, the reason they gave, is not acceptable.

When you've checked in and have a BP, I don't accept any change of my seating (except for an up op of course ).

I've been moved 3 times on SAS, two of them, it was OK. Once for HM the Queen of Norway and the other for Angelina Jolie.

The third time, I was in M CPH-LHR and in an aisle right behind business. They moved me to the second last row because they "needed the seat for someone else". I complained to CR and got some sort of compensation, don't remember what it was, but I remember I was happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.