Wiki Posts
Search

CPH Lounge, which one?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
CPH Lounge, which one?

I'm flying into CPH and have access to both the SAS Scandinavian and Business Lounges. Which one is better? Do both of them have showers?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: EBG
Scandinavian lounge has better food & drinks then the business lounge, as the Scandinavian lounge only is accessible for Star Golds.

The showers is only downstairs in the Business lounge, but there is no problem to go down for a shower, then upstairs again to the Scandi Lounge!

BFN
Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Depends when is your flight. At this moment SAS Business lounges are closed at CPH/ARN/OSL, all visitors rerouted to Scandinvian lounges (which are much better on food and drinks)
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat & CK, UA 1K & GS, SPG Titanium
Not sure current status of the SAS Scandinavian / Business lounges, because things get ... yawn ... quiet in July. But, if the SAS lounge "complex" is open, they have great showers downstairs and IMHO the gap between upstairs and downstairs is pretty over-rated.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by another_shot
Depends when is your flight. At this moment SAS Business lounges are closed at CPH/ARN/OSL, all visitors rerouted to Scandinvian lounges (which are much better on food and drinks)
I will be arriving in CPH on August 12th in the morning (needing a shower) and departing on August 16th, also in the morning (not needing a shower).
Old Jul 24, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Has anyone checked if its possible to take a shower even if your not a Star Alliance Gold card holder (but are flying in Business class)? I will be in no-man-lands in August and would love a shower during my transits CPH. Maybe its a good thing to ask in advance.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: SK*G, LH SEN
Originally Posted by daniel-andersson
Has anyone checked if its possible to take a shower even if your not a Star Alliance Gold card holder (but are flying in Business class)? I will be in no-man-lands in August and would love a shower during my transits CPH. Maybe its a good thing to ask in advance.
As mentioned before, the SAS Business Lounge at CPH is closed at the moment and with your C-Ticket you will have access to the Scandinavian (Gold) Lounge. They have dayrooms in there with showers, just ask for the key at the counter when you are entering the lounge.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Originally Posted by Mr.Niels
As mentioned before, the SAS Business Lounge at CPH is closed at the moment and with your C-Ticket you will have access to the Scandinavian (Gold) Lounge. They have dayrooms in there with showers, just ask for the key at the counter when you are entering the lounge.
According to http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Co...usiness_Lounge its not the same to have access to the lounge and have access to the showers.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: SK*G, LH SEN
Originally Posted by daniel-andersson
According to http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Co...usiness_Lounge its not the same to have access to the lounge and have access to the showers.
Yes. But since the Business Lounge (this is the one mentioned in the lounge guide) is closed at the moment you will have access to the Scandinavian Lounge (and the dayrooms in there, with showers, if vacant) which is usually reserved for Star Gold Members. This will of course change as soon as they re-open the Business Lounge, than the regular rules apply.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA1K
back in 2008 flying in Y, i was given access to both lounges as a *G. guess this has changed since then.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:09 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
back in 2008 flying in Y, i was given access to both lounges as a *G. guess this has changed since then.
As *G you have access to both
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: EB*G, FB, PC Royal Ambassador, Marriot Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Mr.Niels
Yes. But since the Business Lounge (this is the one mentioned in the lounge guide) is closed at the moment you will have access to the Scandinavian Lounge (and the dayrooms in there, with showers, if vacant) which is usually reserved for Star Gold Members. This will of course change as soon as they re-open the Business Lounge, than the regular rules apply.
When I flew out of CPH yesterday - it was the Scandinavian Lounge (upstairs) that was closed and the Business Lounge (downstairs) that was open...
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by KristianT
When I flew out of CPH yesterday - it was the Scandinavian Lounge (upstairs) that was closed and the Business Lounge (downstairs) that was open...
Too bad. I will be departing from CPH this weekend. Since I am travelling with Ms. ZKOKA I was hoping to get a nice snack upstairs. Will have to wait and see what the Biz Lounge has to offer
Old Jul 30, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
When Scand lounge is closed and biz lounge is used, the biz lounge will be catered to the Scand lounge standards. i.e. food, wine and spirits etc are laid out in the downstairs lounge when upstairs is closed. Same in ARN.

So for a month or so of the year the lucky biz lounge people get to try 'life upstairs'
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: EB*G, FB, PC Royal Ambassador, Marriot Gold Elite
In the Business Lounge (downstairs) right now, but was informed that the Scandinavian Lounge (upstairs) will reopen on Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.