Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: QI to open CPH-TLV

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:26 am
Original Poster

OT: QI to open CPH-TLV

Starting November 1, 2010, Cimber Air (QI) will start thrice weekly flights on the CPH-TLV (Tel Aviv) route.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: CPH-TLV: 09.05 – 14.25
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: TLV-CPH: 15.20 – 19.10

To be operated by a 737-700.

Source (in Danish): http://www.boarding.dk/newselement.c...rticleID=29239

Acording to Take-Off, back in the good old days there were twice daily flights both operated by a 747, one each from SAS and El Al.

Note: From July 15 to August 30th, Arkia Israel Airline will operate a weekly flight (Mondays) with 757 on TLV-CPH.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:43 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Acording to Take-Off, back in the good old days there were twice daily flights both operated by a 747, one each from SAS and El Al.
As El Al does not operate during Sabbath, they couldn't have a daily flight to CPH
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
4U also started TLV-CGN it seems. I know TLV is a high rev destination for the mainline airlines, but what are the LCCs up to flying in there with narrowbodies?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:56 am
Community Director Emerita

With SAS's elimination of business class on flights within Europe, does it continue to offer a business class product to Tel Aviv or not?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:38 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
With SAS's elimination of business class on flights within Europe, does it continue to offer a business class product to Tel Aviv or not?
TLV is operated with short haul equipment. Therefore you will get SAS GO and SAS PLUS on these routes as well. This means lounge and fast track access for SAS PLUS but blocked middle seats is not guarentied.

Svantevit
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:22 am
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, Svantevit. A friend thinks he is flying business, but I was afraid of this.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: EB
Yes...

TLV is operated with short haul equipment. Therefore you will get SAS GO and SAS PLUS on these routes as well. This means lounge and fast track access for SAS PLUS but blocked middle seats is not guarentied.
As I have taken this route rather frequently, I can confirm this. You might also want to warn your friend that (on the return trip) the lounge at TLV is in my opinion rather bad - the food is bland and drinks are few. But of course better than nothing.
And make sure your friend does not cue up for the security at the very beginning of security proceedings at TLV (there is a scan of luggage before check-in) but gets around the (usually long line) and states to the personnel working there that he is flying business (or sort of), which will save him between an 30 minutes to an hour wait.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 2:41 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks, Svantevit. A friend thinks he is flying business, but I was afraid of this.
I use this route frequently. I rather fly with a connection and not SAS...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.